Research article of Global journal of Economics and Business Administration
The Efficacy of counseling in Eradicating The Problems of Entrepreneurship Education
Kowo Solomon Akpoviroroa1 and Akinbola Olufemi Amosb2
1Department of Business and Entrepreneurship,Kwara State University, Malete, Nigeria
2Department of Business Administration Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta Nigeria.
This paper examines the effect counseling in eradicating the problems of entrepreneurship education. The study actually tried to find the extent at which counselling has enhanced entrepreneurship education significantly and how Cognitive Behavior Modification Strategies (CBMS) can be used to instill awareness of entrepreneurship education. The study made use two hypotheses. Survey research design was adopted for the study. The sample for the study comprised 62 staff of Center for Entrepreneurship Studies Ogun State University Nigeria. Data obtained from the questionnaire was analyzed using Chi-square technique. The research indicates that there is a positive and significant relationship between Counseling and Entrepreneurship Education. Also, the result shows that Cognitive Behavior Modification Strategies of counseling (CBMS) can be used to instill awareness of Entrepreneurship Education. Based on the results of the study, the study recommended that Counselors should use practical tools rather than theories, make use of available resources in their localities and encourage students to be involved in the local trades in their communities; these will help to enhance students’ skills and knowledge of entrepreneurship education needed and also Workshops, seminars and refresher courses should be organized for practicing counselors from time to time on career counseling skills improvement for the challenges of entrepreneurship education.
Keywords: entrepreneurship education, counselling, Career Convention, CBMS
How to cite this article:
Kowo Solomon Akpoviroroa and Akinbola Olufemi Amosb.The Efficacy of counseling in Eradicating The Problems of Entrepreneurship Education. Global journal of Economics and Business Administration, 2018, 3: 13.
1. Adinoyi, J.J. (2015). Problems and prospects of technical education in Nigeria. Multidisciplinary journal of research, 20 (1).
2. Agetue, F.U. & Nnamdi A.E (2017). Entrepreneurship training: A tool for job creation and sustainable national development, Nigeria; Journal of teacher perspective (jofep) 5 (3) 475-482.
3. Akintola, C. (2016). Small scale business: problems and prospects. Conference paper presented at WITED Conference, Lagos.
4. Akpan, I.A. (2017). Skills acquisition in business education: problems and prospects. Journal of qualitative education 6 (3), 34-37.
5. Arinze, P.N. &Ilo U.C. (2014). Issues in entrepreneurship education. Journal of research. (1) 92-102.
6. Ayedulo, A.O & Osuala, E.C (2014). Principles and methods of business and computer education, Enugu.
7. Creswell, J. W. (2009). Educational research Planning, conducting, and evaluating quantitative and qualitative research (2nd Ed) Upper Saddle River, N.J: Pearson Education
8. Galloway, L., & Brown, W. (2012). Entrepreneurship education at university: A driver in the creation of high growth firms? Education & Training, 44(8/9), 398-404.
9. Klapper, R. (2014). Government goals and entrepreneurship education: An investigation at Grand Ecole in France. Education & Training 46(3), 127-137
10. Mbaane, B.U.(2016). Business education and entrepreneurship development and growth. Book of readings 1 (5) 40.
11. Nwachukwu C. & Nwamuo, P.A. (2013). Entrepreneurship development for sustainable livelihood among youths. Casson vol. 1. 18-26.
12. Nwaoba, C.N. (2011). Utility value of CMBS in enhancing readiness aptitude among unemployed graduates in Onitsha. Unpublished seminar project NTI, Kaduna.
13. Ogundele O.J.K. (2015) Determinants of entrepreneurial emergence, behavior and performance in Nigeria. Unpublished PHD Thesis, University of Lagos Akoka.
14. Ogundele O.J.K. (2005) Ethical Education Manpower in Manpower development in Nigeria, Knowledge Review Vol2, No1, November.
15. Ogundele O.J.K. (2012) Management and Organization: Theory and Behavior 2nd Ed, Lagos, Molofin Nominees.
16. Ogundele, O.J.K and Opeifa, A.Z. (2014a) Factors that affect entrepreneurial emergence behavior and performance in Nigeria. Abuja Management Review, Vol.1 No 2, 1-19. Ogundele, O.J.K and
17. Ogundele, O.J.K and Opeifa, A.Z. (2014b) Importance of Ethical Education in Economic and Social Reconstruction. Nigeria Journal of Curriculum and Instruction, Vol 12, No 3, pp.164-169
18. Ogundele, O.J.K and Olayemi, O.O. (2015) Entrepreneurial Education and Social Economic Reconstruction. Nigeria Journal of Curriculum and Instruction, Vol 12, No 3, pp.164-169
19. Osuagu, L. (2016) Small Business and Entrepreneurship Management. Lagos. Grey Resources Limited.
20. Okeke, B.A (2013). Principles of guidance and counseling SNAAP Press Ltd, Enugu.
21. Okoye, R.N. (2013). The state of sec. school students in home economics. Unpublished Ph.D project NTI, Kaduna.
22. Onyemere, N.P. (2013). Need for adequate career guidance among sec. school students. The counsellor vol. 1. 177. Emerging Prospect and Problem in Entrepreneurship Education: Efficacy of Counselling 12
23. Sule, M. (2014). The role of entrepreneurship education on Job creation among youths in Nigeria. International Letters of Social and Humanistic Sciences.ISSN:2300-2697, 15, 87, 96.
24. Tavis, D.J (2016). Mature regionalism and the genesis of functional projects: Educational regionalism in small and micro states, Journal of Globalization, Societies and Education 15, 1-17.
25. Uwandu, V.N. (2012). Meta cognitive sensitization through cognitive counselling. Jos journal of education, (5) 11-15.
26. Uzoma, H. N. & Uzoma J. I. (2012). Issues militating against effective teaching of music education in sec. school in Nigeria. Journal of research development vol. 20 (1).
27. Udo-Aka.U. (2015) Training Institutions in Nigeria, Types, Structures and programmes. Internal Memoirs of the Director General Centre for Management Development.
28. Wasaga, M. A. (2014). Entrepreneurship curriculum. Reading in education vol. 1. Sokoto.Educ. Foundation unit.
29. Zimmaser, T.W. & Scarborogh, N. M. (2005). Essential of entrepreneurship and small scale business management. International journal of research in agricultural education. (1) 127-139. astering Entrepreneurship. Pearson Education limit
30. Zahraden. U. A (2012) Management Training and Development In Nigeria, ed. Centre for Management Development.