Case Report of International Journal of Case Reports
Role of Aspirin on Keloid : a Case Report
DR. MOHAMMAD ASIF KHAN*, DR. RABIA NIZAM**,DR.SHAKEEL ANSARI***,DR.MAHJABEEN FATIMAH****
*PG Scholar, Dept. of Surgery, NIUM, Bengaluru.
** PG Scholar, Dept. of Surgery, NIUM, Bengaluru.
*** Lecturer, Dept. of Surgery, NIUM, Bengaluru.
**** Lecturer, Dept. of Surgery, NIUM, Bengaluru.
A keloid is a cutaneous mass that characteristically develops following dermal injury. Keloids extend beyond the borders of the original wound invading normal skin. Usually appear as firm nodules, often pruritic and painful, and generally do not regress spontaneously. Most often occur on the chest, shoulders, upper back, back of the neck, and earlobe. We report a case of excessive keloid formation in a 40 years old female following itching in which no other aetiology could be found after detailed history, examination and investigation. Because of the rapid and extensive nature of the disease it is a matter of further research.
Keywords: Keloid, aspirin, Cryotherapy.
How to cite this article:
MOHAMMAD ASIF KHAN, RABIA NIZAM, SHAKEEL ANSARI,MAHJABEEN FATIMAH.Role of Aspirin on Keloid : a Case Report. International Journal of Case Reports, 2018 3:32.
1. Breasted JH. The Edwin Smith Surgical papyrus, Vol. 1. Chicago University of Chicago Press; 1930 [hiero-glyphic translation and commentary] p. 403–406
2. Alibert JLM. Description des maladies de la Peau observes a hospital saint-Louis et exposition des meilleures methods suives pour leur traitment. Barrois l’aine et files. 1806;113
3. Meenakshi J, Jayaraman V, Ramakrishnan KM, Babu M. Keloids and hypertrophic scars: a review. Indian J Plast Surg. 2005;38: 175–179
4. Sriram Bhat M. SRB’s Manual of Surgery, Fourth Edition : JAYPEE BROTHERS MEDICAL PUBLISHERS (P) LTD , Delhi .2013 ; p .11
5. https://healthfully.com/remove-keloid-aspirin-paste-6943519.html .