Article of Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacy
Health Education to Caregivers in Pediatric Ward
SANTOS, A.C.C.S1; OLIVEIRA, M.P.C.A1; FERREIRA, A.P.A1; RABELO, A.R.M1; CAVALCANTI, A.M.T.S1
Federal University of Pernambuco1
The hospitalization of the child process can overload the caregiver, leading him to develop feelings of helplessness, exhaustion, anxiety and irritability. In this sense, the caregiver can introduce an imbalance in occupational performance during the hospital routine, being the most overlooked area self-care, as caregivers tend to diminish the care for themselves, in an attempt to better assist the other. In this way, the study intends to develop educational activities, related to functional postures that caregivers can take for assistance in activities of daily living (ADL) of the child, from the perspective of humanization and health promotion to the caregiver in the pediatric ward. Descriptive study, with cross section, linked to a research project entitled “Educational Actions with Caregivers of Hospitalized Children”, held at the Institute for Integral Medicine Teacher Fernando Figueira. Will be included all caregivers of pediatric ward who accept to participate in the project.The educational activities will be developed in own bed, individual or group form. Caregivers will receive a booklet with postural guidelines as the realization of the AVD the child in hospital routine; and suggestions for preparation body with the intention of taking care of themselves and each other during daily activities. In this context, the study intends to develop an educational action for the prevention of diseases related to possible postures that can affect a imbalance in the occupational performance of caregiver for children in hospital. Health education empowers these caregivers, allowing critical reflection about the postures in the realization of the AVD of children. The actions aim to broaden the self-knowledge and responsibility can, warning about the importance of taking care of themselves, to higher quality care with the other. The project will allows a caregiver’s health also attention, using health education at tertiary level for a better quality of life for the hospital routine. Moreover, it can contribute to the construction of practices and knowledge of occupational therapy based on the principles of attention extended that recognizes the unique needs of those involved with the care of the child.
Keysword: Health education; Activities of Daily Living; Caregivers
- Abreu, N.R.A. et al. Análise do processo de humanização em um hospital público. Revista Gestão e planejamento, Salvador. vol. 12, n. 3, p. 615-630, set/dez. 2012.
- Barbosa, I.A; Silva, M.J.P. Cuidado humanizado de enfermagem: o agir com respeito em um hospital universitário. Revista Brasileira de Enfermagem, v. 60, n. 5, p. 546-551, 2007.
- Beck, A.R.M; Lopes, M.H.B.M. Cuidadores de crianças com câncer: aspectos da vida afetados pela atividade de cuidador. Revista Brasileira de Enfermagem, v. 60, n. 6, p. 670-675, 2007.
- Cervera, D.P.P; Parreira, B.D.M; Goulart, B.F. Educação em saúde: percepção dos enfermeiros da atenção básica em Uberaba (MG). Ciência & Saúde Coletiva, v. 16, n. S1, p. 1547-54, 2011.
- Dias, V.P; Silveira, D.T; Witt, R.R. Educação em saúde: o trabalho de grupos em atenção primária. Revista APS, v. 12, n. 2, 2009.
- Marchi, A. P. L. Desempenho ocupacional e habilidades sociais de cuidadores: grupo de suporte com foco educativo. 2012. 80 f. Dissertação (Mestrado em Educação) – Setor de Educação, Universidade Federal do Paraná. 2012.
- Silva, A.G. et al. Perfil de cuidadores familiares no ambiente hospitalar e a rede de suporte para assistência domiciliar. Enfermagem Revista, v. 15, n. 1, p. 28-46, 2012.