Editorial Board of International Journal of Neuroscience Research
Dr. Darshana Narayanan
Head of Research, pymetrics, New York NY
Biography & Research Interest
Welcome Dr. Darshana Narayanan to Join the Editorial Board of International Journal of Neuroscience Research.
Research Scientist with over 10 years combined academic and industry experience in the ethological study of behavior, at multiple levels and time scales: individual behavior, group behavior (including organizational behavior) and behavior both in developmental and evolutionary time.
EDUCATION Ph.D. in Psychology and Neuroscience 2015
Princeton University, Princeton NJ . M.S. in Neuroscience
2007 Brandeis University, Waltham MA. B.Tech in Industrial Biotechnology
2005 Anna University, Chennai, India.
SKILLS AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Experimental Techniques gamified assessment, eye-tracking, quantitative behavioral assays (face perception tests, playback experiments, testing communication abilities, vocal development tests, testing syntax learning), ultrasound imaging on awake pregnant monkeys, brain implant surgeries in mice, infusion of drugs into mouse brains, fly genetics, colony set-up and maintenance (monkey, mouse, fly)
Multimedia Packages Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Audition, Adobe InDesign; PRATT, Audacity
Programming Languages MatLab, SPSS, Python (pandas, numpy, scipy, matplotlib)
Science Communication technical writing and editing, grant writing, public speaking Languages English, Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam
Head of Research, pymetrics March 2016 – current Applying neuroscience, organizational psychology and data science to create analytics-informed decision-making and performance-enhancement software for organizations.
· Overseeing the scientific agenda of the company, including basic and applied research projects, as well as the development of new processes, technologies and products
· Developing, implementing and monitoring data collection methods, analysis and reporting · Coordinating research activities by recruiting qualified researchers, training personnel, managing personnel and evaluating their performance.
· Demonstrating compliance with EEO and other regulatory requirements
· Preparing technical reports, white papers and press publications.
· Representing the scientific goals and interests of the company at meetings, conferences and conventions. · Establishing and maintaining advantageous contacts in government, academia and industry.
Research at the interface of neuroscience, pyschology, developmental biology, morphology and evolution.
Department of Psychology & Neuroscience Institute, Princeton University 2009 – 2015
Research: How social communication emerges through the dynamic interactions between neural systems, the body, pre- and post-natal experience and socio-ecological context. Advisor: Asif Ghazanfar Department of Psychology, Harvard University Fall 2007
Research: Constructing language: the evolution of language-related computational abilities Advisor: Marc Hauser Eunice Kennedy Shriver Center, University of Massachusetts Medical School Spring 2007
Research: Autism and the development of face perception Advisor: Teresa Mitchell Department of Psychology, Brandeis University 2006 – 2009
Research: Perception and learning: neuroscience of the taste system Advisor: Donald Katz Department of Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, India 2004 – 2006 Research: Perception and learning: neuroscience of the olfactory system Advisor: Veronica Rodrigues