Editorial Board of International Journal of Biomaterials and Nanobiotechnology
Dr. Dibya Prakash Rai
Department of Physics, Pachhunga University College, Aizawl, Mizoram, India-796001
Biography & Research Interest
Welcome Dr. Dibya Prakash Rai to Join the Editorial Board of International Journal of Biomaterials and Nanobiotechnology.
I have studied the electronic and magnetic properties of transition metal based Heusler compounds by using the density functional theory (DFT). A DFT relies upon the Kohn-Sham (KS) equation with inclusion of exchange-correlation potential to improve the accuracy. The most commonly used exchange-correlation functional are generalized gradient approximation (GGA-PBE, Perdew, Burke and Ernzerhof), local (spin) density approximation LDA/LSDA, modified Becke Johnson (mBJ) potential, etc. Magnetic properties are natural outputs of the calculations and itinerant magnetism can be discussed in a more qualitatively. The more relevant method LSDA+U (Coulomb repulsion) formalism is used to treat the strongly correlated electrons for better accuracy of the ground state properties. A code Wien2k based on full potential linearized augmented plane wave (FP-LAPW) method within DFT is adopted. We mainly focus on the half-metallicity (HMF) of L21 type full Heusler alloys with formula X2YZ (X,Y = Sc, Ti, V, Mn, Fe, Co and Z = Al, Si, Ga, Ge, As, etc).
July 2013-Dec 2014: Post Doctoral Fellow (PDF) in the group of Prof. San-Huang Ke, Beijing Computational Science Research Center, Beijing 100084, Peoples Republic of China.
2009-2013: Ph.D. under the supervision of Prof. R. K. Thapa, Mizoram University, Mizoram, Aizawl, India.
2007-2009: M.Sc., Mizoram University, Mizoram, Aizawl-796004, India.
2002-2005: B.Sc. St. Joseph’s College (North Point) Darjeeling, India.
Ph.D Thesis Title: Study of electronic and magnetic properties of half metallic transition metal based Heusler compounds
1. Transition Metal based strongly correlated materials (Heusler compounds, half metals).
2. Semiconductors, insulators, semi-metals.
3. Thermoelectric materials and their properties (focusing on their efficiency).
4. Theoretical techniques (doping of heavy elements, 2D single/multi atomic layers, superlattices, nanostructuring) are implimentated to see the effect of the band energies near Fermi level.
5. Employing first principles method (Density Functional Theory, DFT) for calculation.
1. Life member (LM-0169) of Physics Academy of North East India (PANE), Gauhati.
2. Life member (LM-1058) of Indian Physical Society, IACS, Kolkata.
3. Life member (LM-13090) of Indian Physics Association, BARC, Mumbai.
4. Life member (LM-B2406) of Material Research Society of India, IISc, Banglore.
5. Life member (L-697) of Optical Society of India, Calcutta University, Kolkata.
6. Life member (L6773) of Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT), IIT, Kanpur.
7. Life member (LM-388) of Indian Association of Solid State Chemists and Allied Scientists (ISCAS), Jammu University, Jammu.
8. Life member (LM-664) of Magnetic Society of India (MSI), Defence Metallurgical Research Laboratory, Hyderabad.
9. Life member (LM-611) of Indian Crystallographic Association (ICA), IISc. Bangalore.
10. Life member (LM-2120) of Solar Energy Society of India(SESI), New Delhi.
11. Life member (LM-1378) of Punjab Academy of Sciences(PAS), Punjab University, Patiala.
12. Life member (LM-1082) of Indian Institute of Mineral Engineers(IIME), Jamshedpur.
13. Life member (LM-R32) of Indian Society for Surface Science and Technology (ISSST), Jadavpur
14. Life member (L26686) of Indian Science Congress Association, Kolkata.
15. Life member (LM-5576) of Assam Science Society (ASS), Guwahati, Assam.
16. Life member (LM-103240) of Indian Society for Technical Education, IIT Delhi Campus, New Delhi.
17. Life member (LM-869) of Society for Material Chemistry (SMC), Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai.
18. Life member (LM-1627) of Indian society for Advancement of materials and Processing (ISAMPE),
Aeronautical Society of India Building, New Thippasandra, Bangalore-560075.
19. Life member of Indian Nano Biologists Association (INBA), Madurai, Tamil Nadu.
20. Life member (201506678) of Semiconductor Society of India (SSI) University of Delhi South Campus, New Delhi-110021, India
CertificateClick to download