Editorial Board of International Journal of Animal Research
Dr. I. Shanker Goud
Director of Research & Principal Scientist(Breeding)
AICRP on Sunflower and Groundnut, UAS.Raichur-584102, Karnataka, India
Biography & Research Interest
Welcome Dr. I. Shanker Goud to Join the Editorial Board of International Journal of Animal Research.
1. Developed sunflower hybrid RSFH-1 (High Olic acid) in 2008
2. Developed high oil content and high yielding Sunflower hybrids RSFH-130, RSFH-1887
3. Collaborator in the Development of two sunflower hybrids DSH-1 (1997) and KBSH-53 (2009)
4. Developed two sunflower varieties Dwarf Modern variety (1992) and RSFV-901 (2011)
5. Served as a South Zone councilor for Indian Society Oil Research (ISOR), DOR, Hyderabad
6. A technique has been identified in restorer lines of sunflower to improve seed size seed yield and reducing processing loss by way of nipping side branches at 45-50 days after sowing. The yield improvement observed was up 130%.
7. A methodology was identified to screen competitive restorer parents at gametophytic and saprophytic level.
8. Pollen mixture hybrids techniques have been developed to boost higher seed, oil yields and to combat disease vulnerability in sunflower.
9. Ten Sunflower in bredlines have been converted under diverse CMS back ground.
Administrative Position Held:
1. Technical and Administrative Head, AICRP on Sunflower at MARS, Raichur
2. Technical and Administrative Head, Sunflower Seed Production Scheme Regional Agricultural Research Station, Raichur
3. Professor and University Head for Molecular Biology and Agriculture Biotechnology.
4. Associate Director of Research, UAS, Raichur looking after Administrative, Research Extension and all developmental works of 13 Agricultural Research Stations in the University jurisdiction of six districts.
5. Director of Research, UAS, Raichur looking after over all Research administration.
Awards / Honours received
Best Paper Presentation Award Karnataka Science and Technology, Academy, Bangalore 2014 Excellence and Innovation in Research with a cash prize of Rs. 5,000/-
Fellow of Indian Society of Oilseeds Research Directorate of Oilseeds Research, Hyderabad 2015 Outstanding contribution in the field of Oilseeds Research and Development in India
Life Time Achievement Award Society for Scientific Development in Agriculture and Technology 2016 Outstanding Contribution in the field of Genetics and Plant Breeding
Outstanding Scientist in Agricultural Award Scientific Educational Research Society, Meerut (U.P.), India 2017 Outstanding Contribution in the field of Genetics and Plant Breeding
Special Professional Invitation and Other Scientific / Academic Activities:
1. The Indian Society of Oil Seeds Research
2. The Karnataka Journal of Agricultural Sciences
3. The Journal of Maharashtra Agricultural Universities
4. The Institute of Agricultural Technologies
5. Krishi Pradipike, UAS, Raichur
6. Krishi Munnade, UAS, Dharwad
CertificateClick to download