Editorial Board of Journal of Plant and Environmental Research
Dr. K.S. Kanwal
G.B. Pant National Institute of Himalayan Environment and Sustainable Development
Biography & Research Interest
Welcome Dr. K.S. Kanwal to Join the Editorial Board of Journal of Plant and Environmental Research. Dr. K.S. Kanwal is working in G.B. Pant National Institute of Himalayan Environment and Sustainable Development.
Dr. K. S. Kanwal, B.Sc. with I Division, M.Sc. with I division and Ph. D. in Botany from Kumaun University, Nainital, Uttarakhand India has specialized in environmental education and research, environment management, biodiversity conservation and environmental sustainability. Presently, he is working as a Scientist-C in G.B. Pant Institute of Himalayan Environment & Development, North East Unit, Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh. He has more than ten years of education, research and professional experience in environment sector particularly environment education, strategic environmental planning and management, biodiversity conservation, natural resource management, climate change, socio-economic development of rural communities and sustainable development of Indian Himalayan region. He has published over 20 articles in journals of National and International repute. Dr. Kanwal is tirelessly working for environment education and awareness, biodiversity conservation and climate change research among researchers, school children, indigenous communities and other stakeholders of North Eastern Region of the country. He is implementing several national and international research projects funded by DST, ICIMOD, MoEFCC, State Govt. etc., in the areas of environment management, biodiversity conservation, education and awareness, watershed development and management, climate change adaptation and mitigation, capacity building of tribal communities etc.
- D. in Botany (Plant Ecology) fromKumaun University, Nainital, Uttarakhand, India. December, 2012.
- Post Graduation- M.Sc. Botany with First division from Kumaun University, Nainital. July, 2005
- Graduation-B.Sc. with First division from Kumaun University, Nainital. July, 2003
- Higher Secondary School Examination with First division from Govt. Inter College, Almora, Uttarakhand, India. June, 2000.
2.0 Awards and Honours
- Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST) has awarded a research project entitled “Assessment of floral biodiversity and resource utilization pattern with special reference to climate change in the high altitude wetlands of Arunachal Pradesh of Eastern Himalaya” in the year 2015.
- National Accreditation Board for Education Training (NABET), Quality Council of India (QCI), New Delhi for Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Govt. of India accredited as a Functional Area Expert in Ecology & Biodiversity area (Category-A) in 2010.
- Recipient of Tehri Hydro Development Corporation (THDC) Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) in 2007.
- Won first prize in Kumaun University, Nanital Annual Day Cultural Program in 2004.
- Recipient of National Cadet Corps (NCC) ‘A’ certificate.
- Working as a Scientist-C, Environmental Assessment and Management and Environment Governance Policy (EAM &EGP) Theme at B. Pant National Institute of Himalayan Environment and Sustainable Development, North East Unit, Arunachal Pradesh, India from June, 2013 to till date. Research and education on various issues of Environmental Protection, Climate Change, Impact Assessment and Management, Socio-Economic Development and Transboundary landscape Conservation and Management in the Himalayan Region. Guidance to PhD scholars, research fellows (JRF/SRF), school students on environmental and biological research.
- Worked as Deputy Manager (Environment) in M/s Etalian Hydro Electric Project Pvt. Ltd.a subsidiary of Jindal Steel and Power Ltd (JSPL), Gurgaon from February, 2013 to June, 2013.
- Worked as aDeputy Manager (EHS) in M/s Bhilwara Energy Ltd., Noida a subsidiary of LNJ Bhilwara Group from June, 2012 to January, 2013.
- Worked as an Assistant Manager (Environment) in M/s KSK Energy Ventures Pvt. Ltd., at Noida (ksk.co.in) from February, 2011 to May, 2012.
- Worked as an Environment Manager in M/s Velcan Energy India Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi (velcan.fr) a Power Sector MNC from October, 2010 to February, 2011.
- Worked as an Environmental Scientist in an Environmental Consultancy M/s R.S. Envirolink Technologies Pvt. Ltd, Gurgaon (rstechnologies.co.in) from July, 2009 to October, 2010.
- Worked as a Senior Research Fellow (SRF) in Social & Environment Department of M/s Tehri Hydro Development Corporation Ltd., Rishikesh, Uttarakhanad (A Joint Venture of Govt. of India & Govt. of UP) (thdc.gov.in) from July, 2007 to June, 2009.
- Worked as a JuniorResearch Fellow (JRF) in G. B. Pant Institute of Himalayan Environment and Development, Almora, Uttarakhand from April, 2006 to July, 2007.
4.0 Professional Affiliations
- Honorary Peer Reviewer, International Journal- Global Journals Inc. (USA).
- Honorary Peer Reviewer, Forestry Ideas Journal Published from Bulgaria.
- Member, International Society for Tropical Ecology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, UP.
- Member, International Society of Environmental Botanists, Lucknow.
- Member, The Indian Botanical Society (IBS).
- Member, National Institute of Ecology, New Delhi.
- Life Member, International Society for Environmental Information Sciences, Canada.