Editorial Board of International Journal of Animal Research
Dr. Osama Ibrahim Azawi
Artificial Insemination, Veterinary Gynecology and Andrology,
Dept. of Surgery and Theriogenology, Coll. Vet. Med., Univ. of Mosul.
Biography & Research Interest
Welcome Professor Dr. Osama Ibrahim Azawi to Join the Editorial Board of International Journal of Animal Research.
Present occupation: Professor of Artificial Insemination, Veterinary Gynecology and Andrology in the Dept. of Surgery and Theriogenology, Coll. Vet. Med., Univ. of Mosul.
Scholastic training and degree obtained: B.V.M & S (Veterinary Medicine & surgery); Coll. Vet. Med., Univ. of Mosul, 1982, second in a class of 52.
M.Sc. in Vet. Obstetrics and Artificial Insemination, Univ. of Baghdad, Coll. Vet. Med., 1985, Title of M. Sc. Thesis: “Comparative study of using different diluents for freezing bull semen”.
PhD. In veterinary theriogenology, Univ. of Baghdad, College of Veterinary Medicine, 2006. Title of PhD thesis: CLINICAL, BACTERIOLOGICAL, AND PATHOLOGICAL STUDIES OF UTERINE INFECTIONS OF IRAQI BUFFALOES.
Training courses attended:
- 1) Teaching methods course, in the teaching methods center, of Mosul, July- August, 1987.
- 2) Field training at the Artificial Insemination center, Vet. Hospital at Bab-Senjar, Mosul, for 6 months from June 1988.
- 3) Two courses of computer training, in the computer center, of Mosul, Feb. 1989 and March 1990.
- 4) One course of using ultrsonography in veterinary obstetrics, University of Baghdad, Dept. of Theriogenology 2004.
Professional and academic attended:
- 1) Assistant lecturer of Vet. Obstetrics & Artificial insemination & Gynecology, Dept. Surg. & Obstet., Coll. Vet. Med., of Mosul, from, 1987 to 1990.
- 2) Lecturer of Vet. Gynecology, Artificial insemination, and Andrology, Dept. Surg. & obstet., Coll. Vet. Med., of Mosul, 1990 to 1993.
- 3) Assistant professor of Artificial Insemination & Vet. Gynecology 1993 to 2008.
- 4) Professor of Artificial Insemination & Vet. Gynecology to present.
- 5) Practice in veterinary obstetrics and Genital diseases of cattle, sheep & goats at Veterinary Clinical Center, Coll. Vet. Med., of Mosul.