Editorial Board of International Journal of Social Research
Dr. Ronaldo Pierre Cavalcanti Lundgren
Professor at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro
Biography & Research Interest
Welcome Dr. Ronaldo Pierre Cavalcanti Lundgren to Join the Editorial Board of International Journal of Social Research.
Secretary of Public Security 2016
- I was Secretary of Public Security of the state of Rio Grande do Norte/Brazil from May to September 2016.
- During that period of time, I was responsible to develop and implement the security public policy in that state with over 3.5 million inhabitants.
- Under my directions was all security forces belonging to Rio Grande do Norte, which comprised more than 11 thousand troops.
- Among my duties, I should coordinate all security activities with other Secretaries, in particular with the Justice, Education, Health, Social Affairs, and Tourism, in order to establish a better security environment for the people who lived in Rio Grande do Norte.
Professor at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro 2015-2016
- Substitute Professor at the Defense and International Strategic Management teaching Geopolitics and Civil and Asymmetric Warfare.
Chief of Staff of the Eastern Military Command 2014-2015
- As Major General of the Brazilian Army, I was assigned to be the Chief of Staff of the Eastern Military Command, which is responsible for the states of Rio de Janeiro, Minas Gerais, and Espírito Santo.
Chief of the Operation Center of the Eastern Military Command 2013-2014
- As Major General of the Brazilian Army, I was assigned to be the Chief of the Operation Center of the Eastern Military Command.
- I was responsible to plan, coordinate and evaluate all military operations carried out in the states of Rio de Janeiro, Minas Gerais, and Espírito Santo.
Commander of the 3rd Motorized Infantry Brigade 2011-2013
- As Major General of the Brazilian Army, I was assigned to be the Commander of the 3rd Motorized Infantry Brigade, which is responsible for the states of Tocantins, Goiás, and Brasília.
- Under my command there was 11 military units, and over 4,000 troops.
- Training all troops to act as the Brazilian Army forces to protect Brazil’s Capital, as well as to be deployed in the West part of the country.
- Peacekeeping operations training of 01 Infantry Battalion for the 16th Contingent of the Brazilian Brigade of MINUSTAH that deployed in HAITI in 2012.
- Plan, organize and conduct field and command post exercises at Brigade level.
- Manage the process of obtaining materiel and services for the Brigade Units.
Commander of the Peacekeeping Brazilian Battalion in Haiti 2010-2011
- As Colonel of the Brazilian Army, I was assigned to be the Commander of the Peacekeeping Brazilian Battalion in Haiti, just few months after the terrible earthquake that devastated that country.
- During my term, I carried out humanitarian operations to alleviate the suffering of the Haitian people.
- Plan, execute and control all specified duties according to the Brigade’s mission in the Area of Responsibility.
- Organize, coordinate, direct and supervise the work of the Battalion’s Staff.
- Control the actions and tasks carried out by the Battalion’s companies.
- Prepare and conduct meetings and briefings with local authorities, members of the Haitian National Police (HNP), community leaders, UN agencies, NGOs and staff officers from MINUSTAH.
- Participate in meetings at the MINUSTAH Headquarters on a regular basis.
- Negotiate and liaise with local leaders and all parties in order to maintain a stable and secure environment in the Area of Responsibility.
- Conduct liaison to other military commanders in Port-au-Prince and follow up the good working relationships with them.
- In different period of time, I was assigned as Faculty Instructor at the Brazilian Army Military Academy, Advanced College, and Command and Staff College.
- Among my tasks, I contributed to the preparation and training of the new Brazilian Army Officers and Staff members during the years of 1986, 1987 1988, 1992, 1993, 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003.
- I lectured leadership in those three Colleges.
Master of Strategic Studies 2001-2002
From the United States War College.
Command and Staff Course – PhD in Military Sciences 1996-1997
From the Brazilian Army Command and Staff College.
Infantry Advanced Course – Master in Military Operations 1990
From the Brazilian Army Advanced College.
Infantry Course – Bachelor in Military Operations 1978-1981
From the Brazilian Army Military Academy.
Click to download