Editorial Board of International Journal of Nanoparticle Research
Dr. Suban K Sahoo
Department of Applied Chemistry
S.V. National Institute of Technology (SVNIT) Ichchanath, Surat, Gujrat-395 007, INDIA
Biography & Research Interest
Welcome Dr. Suban K Sahoo to Join the Editorial Board of International Journal of Nanoparticle Research.
1996, 12th Chemistry, Physics, Math, Biology, English; CBSE, New Delhi.
1999, B.Sc. Chemistry (Hons.), Physics, math; Sambalpur University, Orissa.
2001, M.Sc. Chemistry; Sambalpur University, Orissa.
2004, NET Chemical Sciences; JRF Qualified, CSIR-UGC, New Delhi
2008, Ph.D. Chemistry; Punjab Technical University (PTU), Jalandhar with Prof. BK Kanungo, Department of Chemistry, SLIET, Longowal, Punjab. Thesis: “Synthesis and Molecular Modeling of some Novel Macrocyclic Metal Complexes”.
Professional recognition, awards, fellowship received
- 2015, Contract Professor (BK21+ Scheme), Kyungpook National University, Daegu, South Korea
- 2009, Visiting Professor, University of Cagliari, Italy
- 2009, Young Scientist Award, Orissa Chemical Society, Orissa, India
- 2004, Young Scientist Award, Punjab Academy of Sciences, Punjab, India
- 2004, Qualified the joint CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test (NET) for the award of Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship
- July 2005-June 2006, Junior Research Fellowship, UGC, New Delhi, India.
20.03.2009 to Till date Assistant Professor, SVNIT, Surat, Gujrat
04.08.2008 to 13.03.2009 Lecturer, JMIT, Radaur, Haryana
11.01.2007 to 25.05.2007 Lecturer, SLIET, Longowal, Punjab
02.08.2006 to 22.12.2006 Lecturer, SLIET, Longowal, Punjab
01.07.2005 to 30.06.2006 Junior Research Fellow (JRF), SLIET, Longowal, Punjab
01.04.2003 to 31.03.2004 Research Assistant (RA) in MHRD project entitled “Design, Synthesis and Study of Biologically Active Iron(III) Carriers: A Molecular Modeling Approach”, SLIET, Longowal, Punjab
19.09.2002 to 31.03.2003 Project Assistant (PA) in MHRD project entitled “Development of Quantum Sized Metallic and Semiconductor Particles”, SLIET, Longowal, Punjab
- Colorimetric and fluorescent sensors based on nanoparticles and quantum dots (QDs)Synthesis of multidentate ligands and metal complexes
- Nanosensors: synthesis of fluorescent nanoclusters and their applications, nanoparticles based colorimetric sensors
- Supramolecular deep cavitand and recognition of small guest molecules.
- Fluorescence study of the model compounds.
- Design and development of chemosensors mainly for metal ions, anions, amino acids, nitro-compounds etc
- Computational chemistry (DFT and ab-Initio based calculations mainly to complements various experimental evidences)
- Complexation studies of the ligands with various metal ions both by potentiometric and spectrophotometric methods.
CertificateClick to download