Editorial Board of International Journal of Food and Nutrition Research
Dr. Vikas Kumar
Assistant Professor (Food Technology and Nutrition)
School of Agriculture, Lovely Professional University
Biography & Research Interest
Welcome Dr. Vikas Kumar to Join the Editorial Board of International Journal of Food and Nutrition Research.
Qualified in All India ICAR-JRF Entrance examination conducted by ICAR, PUSA, New Delhi for M. Sc. Programme in 2008.
NET (Agriculture Scientist Recruitment Board) Certificate, 2011
Consolation Prize in poster presentation. In: International conference on Food and Nutrition Technology for Public Health Care. May 4-5, 2012. JNU, New Delhi.
First Prize in poster presentation. In: ICMR and DST sponsored International Conference on Food Technology for Health Promotion (ICFTHP-2012), December 27-28, 2012.
Second Prize in Oral presentation. In: Exploring Basic and Applied Sciences for next generation frontiers (EBAS 2014), November 14-15, 2014.
English, Hindi – Excellence in Reading, Writing, and Speaking.
TITLE OF THESIS IN M.Sc. DEGREE PROGRAMME:“Studies on Fermentation of Custard Apple Pulp with Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. ellipsoideus at Different Dilutions for Wine Preparation”.
TITLE OF THESIS IN Ph.D. DEGREE PROGRAMME:“Preparation and evaluation of Tea cider”
• Preparation of Custard apple (Anona squamosa) wine with different dilutions (1:2, 1:3 and 1:4 dilution with and without DAHP) inferring that 1:4 dilution with DAHP resulted in higher value for physico-chemical characteristics, sensory scores and acceptability in comparison to other dilutions.
• Technology for preparation of apple tea wine (by fermentation tea extracts in apple juice) and its maturation with different wood chips has been developed.
• Technology for preparation of tea cider has been developed.
• Developed the technology for development of the zero per cent alcohol tea wine
• Developed different technologies as student dissertation work.
• Worked as SRF in project “Standardization and Commercialization of Apple Cider Vinegar Production Technology for the Sustainable Livelihood of Weaker Sections of the Society in Hilly Areas” with Dr. V. K. Joshi (P. I.) Funded by DST, GOI, New Delhi from 27th January to 7th December, 2013.
• Worked as JRF in project “Research and development of ready to serve and ready to cook food recipes for mid-day meal scheme/ICDS” with Dr. Devina VAidya (P. I.) Funded by Secure Food Private Limited, New Delhi from 31st January, 2014 to 30th June, 2014.
• Working as Assistant Professor (Food Technology and Nutrition) in Lovely Professional University, Phagwara (Punjab) from 1st August, 2014 to till date.