Editorial Board of American Journal of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics
Dr. Zhiqiang Hou
Senior Research Associate
Center for Alzheimer’s and Neurodegenerative Diseases,
UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390
Biography & Research Interest
Welcome Dr. Zhiqiang Hou to Join the Editorial Board of American Journal of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics. Dr Hou got his ph.D. on crystal structure of membrane protein complexes (Photosystem II) from the institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Science. The work was published on Nature Structure Molecular Biology. Then he received my postdoc training in Dept. of Biophysics, UT southwestern medical center. The work of the structural basis on CLOCK:CIPC complex was recently published in Structure. Also, he has a paper published in JMB as a corresponding author recently. Now he started to work in Center for Alzheimer Disease, UT southwestern medical center.
Ph.D. in Biophysics Institute of Biophysics (IBP), Chinese Academy of Science, Beijing, China Supervisor: Prof. Wenrui, Chang; 2007‐2013; University of Chinese Academy of Science, Beijing, China , 2006‐2007;
B.S. in Biology; Liaoning University, China; 2002‐2006.
1. Experienced on protein expression and purification experiments, including affinity purification, Ion exchange and FPLC.
2. Experienced on data collection in Synchrotron photo source on site or remotely.
3. Experienced on crystallization of the proteins/ligands, membrane protein complexes and for solving and refining their structures.
4. Experienced on structure‐based mutagenesis cell assay.
5. Experienced on in vitro high‐throughput drug screening and data analysis.
6. Experienced on mammalian cell culture and cell‐based high‐throughput assay including ELISA, FRET, etc.
7. Experienced on next generation sequencing including cancer panel, transcriptome, RNA sequencing, etc.
8. Experienced on c. elegan platform based screening assay including Larvae development assay, AZ,
Parkinson Disease, forward genetic mapping, etc.
9. Involved in use of Titan Krios cryo‐electron microscopy in year 2009.
CertificateClick to download