Editorial Board of International Journal of Social Research
Prof. (DR) O. P. MONGA
Freelance Professor of Sociology
OB &HR and United Nations Volunteer (Online)
Biography & Research Interest
Welcome Prof. (DR) O. P. MONGA to Join the Editorial Board of International Journal of Social Research.
1. Professor of Sociology -cum- Associate Dean, Faculty of Management Science and Liberal Arts, Shoolini University of Biotechnology and Management Sciences, Bajhol, Solan (H.P), from 14 December, 2012 to October 19, 2015.
2. UGC Visiting Professor, Department of Sociology, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, Haryana, from Sept 19-29, 2012.
3. Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor, in the Department of Sociology, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla, from July 1990 to June 2012.
4. Lecturer in Sociology, Department of Higher Education, Government of Haryana; Union Territory, Chandigarh; and, Government of Himachal Pradesh from October 1981 to June 1990.
5. Senior Investigator, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, Commission for SC/ST, New Delhi, September 1980 to October 1981.
6. Social Scientist, Department of Community Medicine, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, from August 1978 to July 1980.
Work Experience (Academic):
1. Teaching and research in the field of Management Sciences and Liberal Arts at Shoolini University, Bajhol, Solan, from December, 2012 to till date, after superannuation from Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla.
2. Taught to Master of Social Work for three and half years.
3. Taught Sociology to UG, PG, M.Phil and Ph.D classes at H P University and Shoolini University.
4. Taught courses to PGDITS, B.Tech and HAS & IAS aspirants at H P University, Shimla.
5. Taught paramedical health workers and conducted field work research under ICMR/ PGI research projects
6. Conducted inquiries, evaluation and research studies on SCs and STs in northern region of India.
7. Coordinated in-service teachers training and implemented National Population Education Project (H.P.)
8. Developed curriculum for UG (BA; B.Com; BBA and B.Tech), PG (MA; MSW; and MBA); M.Phil and Ph.D (Sociology and Management).
9. First-hand experience of participation in BOS, RDC and Academic Council
10. Inspection of colleges/institutes as VC’s nominee and subject expert for affiliation with H .P. University.
11. Experience in planning, formulation and implementation of research projects
12. Interface with public, private and NGO sectors for field work training and placement of students
Work Experience (Administration):
1. Professor of Sociology -cum- Associate Dean, Faculty of Management Science and Liberal Arts, Shoolini University of Biotechnology and Management Sciences, Bajhol, Solan (H.P), from 14 December, 2012 to 19 October 2015.
2. Chairman, Department of Sociology, H. P. University, Shimla, from Sept 1, 2006 to June 30, 2008 and March 16, 2011 to Dec , 2012
3. Coordinator, Master of Social Work, from October 16, 2010 to May 20, 2012.
Curriculum Development, Faculty Management, Recruitment, Public Relations, Research, Teaching, Training, Students Welfare and administration
CertificateClick to download