Research Article of American Journal of Agricultural Research
Evaluation of some sugar beet varieties under different irrigation intervals
Abdelaty,M.D1, Elshafay,A.m2 and Abu-Hussien,El.Kh3
1, 3: Faculty of Agriculture, Kafr Elshiekh University.
2: Sugars crops research institute, agriculture research center.
The present study was conducted in at the experimental farm of the Sakha Agriculture Research Station, Kafr Elsheikh, Egypt during two growth seasons, 2015/16 and 2016/17 using split plot design to evaluate five of sugar beet varieties (Gloria, Toro, Almaz, Betamax and Demapoly) under different irrigation regimes (4 ,6 and 8 irrigations) in north delta. The treatments significantly affected on different characters, irrigation the plants six irrigations were superior than other ones in root length, root diameter, root weight , root yield and sucrose % values. On the other side, Betamax variety was the best for studied characters compared with other varieties.
Keywords: sugar beet varieties, different irrigation intervals
How to cite this article:
Abdelaty,M.D, Elshafay,A.m and Abu-Hussien,El.Kh.Evaluation of some sugar beet varieties under different irrigation intervals. American Journal of Agricultural Research, 2020,5:79. (This article has been retracted from American Journal of Agricultural Research. Please do not use it for any purposes.)
1. Abo Shady, Kh. A.; S.M. Hillal; El-Shrief, E. El. and M. Ibrahim (2010). Yield and quality of sugar beet as affected by irrigation intervals, cultivars and potassium fertilization in North Delta. J. Agric. Res. Kafr El-Shiekh Univ., 36(4):361.
2. Al-Jabawi, E.M (2000): Yield stability analysis to evaluate sugar beet (beta vulgaris L.) varieties at auttumn time in Syria 7 th conference of general commission for scientific Agricultural research (GCSAR), 03-04 /8/2000.Douma. Syria. P9.
3. O. A. C. (1995). Association of Agriculture Chemists. Official Methods of Analysis. 16th Ed.A.O.A.C. Virginia, D.C., USA.
4. Camposeo, S. and Rubino, P. (2003): irrigation scheduling of sugar beet with drip method in southern Italy. Agric. Med.131, 164-175.
5. Gomez,K . and A.A, Gomez, (1984): Statical producers for agricultural research (2 ed.) .john wiely and sons, New York, 680 p.
6. Makki, B.B.; S.Y. Besheit and M.G. Beshay (1994). Effect of water stress and spraying with the bioregulator CKB 1709 on sugar beet (Beta vulgaris L.). Egypt. J. Appl. Sci., 9 (4): 93-104.