Review article of American Journal of Scientific Research and Essays
Research Status of Purification Process of Eutrophicated Water
Lingbing Wu , Anchao Geng, Ying Wang, Bo Wang, Xuan Li
College of Ocean Science and Engineering, Shanghai Martime University,Shanghai 201306, China
There are widespread eutrophication problems in lakes and rivers in China. Eutrophication means that the water body receives too much nutrients such as nitrogen and phosphorus, and the organic matter is excessive. When the algae dies, it rots, causing the water quality to deteriorate, thereby causing damage and destruction of the ecological functions of the water, bringing huge use of water resources. loss. While a considerable number of countries or regions use lakes, rivers, etc. as drinking water sources, the problems caused by eutrophication cannot be ignored, and it is urgent to find a reliable and effective method to provide safe water supply. The combination process with ultrafiltration as the core removes algae and has good effects, low energy consumption, simple process and easy control, and has broad application prospects in the future water treatment industry. However, the problem of membrane fouling is still seriously hindering the further development of membrane technology in the water treatment industry.
Keywords: Eutrophication Ultrafiltration technology Algae removal Ultrafiltration combined process
How to cite this article:
Lingbing Wu , Anchao Geng, Ying Wang, Bo Wang, Xuan Li.Research status of purification process of eutrophicated water. American Journal of Scientific Research and Essays, 2018 3:12. DOI:10.28933/ajsre-2018-11-0806
1. Li Na, Li Jiawei, Li Guowen, et al. Analysis of eutrophication status and regional differences of typical lakes in China[J]. Journal of Hydrobiology, 2018(4): 854-864.
2. Wang Wei, Su Wenli, Glad. Evaluation method of water eutrophication and its application[J]. Haihe Water Resources, 2012(3): 6-10.
3. Zhong Wei. Application of coagulation-ultrafiltration technology to treat micro-polluted surface water [D]. Chongqing Jiaotong University, 2012.
4. Carmichael W W, Jones C L A, Mahmood N A, et al. Algal toxins and waterâbased diseases[J]. C R C Critical Reviews in Environmental Control, 1985, 15(3):275-313.
5. Nishijima W, Okada M. Particle separation as a pretreatment of an advanced drinking water treatment process by ozonation and biological activated carbon[J]. Water Science & Technology, 1998, 37(10):117-124.
6. Liang Shuang. Study on algae removal efficiency and influencing factors in ultrafiltration combined process [D]. Beijing University of Technology, 2012.
7. Zhang Xueli, Ji Ailing. Application Prospect of Ultrafiltration Membrane in Eutrophic Water Treatment[J]. Liaoning Chemical Industry, 2011, 40(2): 148-150.
8. Dong Y , Qu Y , Li C . Simultaneous algae-polluted water treatment and electricity generation using a biocathode-coupled electrocoagulation cell (bio-ECC).[J]. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2017, 340:104-112.
9. Sun Dapeng, Zhang Zulu, Liang Chunling. Water Eutrophication and Algae Control Technology[J]. Energy and Environment, 2006(3): 31-33.
10. Li Anfeng, Pan Tao, Yang Chong, et al. Review of water eutrophication control and control technology[J]. Anhui Agricultural Sciences, 2012, 40(16): 9041-9044.
11. Bennett A . Membrane technology: Developments in ultrafiltration technologies[J]. Filtration and Separation, 2012, 49(6):28-33.
12. Progress in the application of ultrafiltration technology in drinking water plants in China[J]. China Water & Wastewater, 2013(22): 64-70.
13. Chen Y , Dong B Z , Gao N Y , et al. Effect of coagulation pretreatment on fouling of an ultrafiltration membrane[J]. Desalination, 2007, 204(1):181-188.
14. Zhang Y , Fu Q . Algal fouling of microfiltration and ultrafiltration membranes and control strategies: A review[J]. Separation & Purification Technology, 2018:193-208.
15. Zhang Xiaoming. Control and removal of algal blooms in eutrophic water sources [J]. Science and Technology Innovation Review, 2011(1): 107-107.
16. Zhao H , Wang L , Zhang H , et al. Effect of potassium permanganate dosing position on the performance of coagulation/ultrafiltration combined process[J]. Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering, 2018, 26(1): 89-95.
17. Feng M, Cizmas L, Wang Z, et al. Synergistic effect of aqueous removal of fluoroquinolones by a combined use of peroxymonosulfate and ferrate(VI)[J]. Chemosphere, 2017, 177:144-148.
18. Zhang Y , Tian J , Nan J , et al. Effect of PAC addition on immersed ultrafiltration for the treatment of algal-rich water.[J]. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2011, 186(2-3):1415-1424.
19. Zhou S, Shao Y, Gao N, et al. Characterization of algal organic matters of Microcystis aeruginosa : Biodegradability, DBP formation and membrane fouling potential[J]. Water Research, 2014, 52(3):199-207.
20. Liao Y , Bokhary A , Maleki E , et al. A Review of Membrane Fouling and Its Control in Algal-Related Membrane Processes[J]. Bioresource Technology, 2018: 343-358
21. Liu Y W , Li X , Yang Y L , et al. Fouling control of PAC/UF process for treating algal-rich water[J]. Desalination, 2015, 355(355):75-82.
22. Soleimany A , Hosseini S S , Gallucci F . Recent Progress in Developments of Membrane Materials and Modification Techniques for High Performance Helium Separation and Recovery: a Review[J]. Chemical Engineering & Processing Process Intensification, 2017, 122:296-318.
23. Kim H C , Dempsey B A . Membrane fouling due to alginate, SMP, EfOM, humic acid, and NOM[J]. Journal of Membrane Science, 2013, 428(428):190-197.
24. Geng Anchao, Wang Rui, Liao Dexiang, et al. Development of active cross-flow membrane separation equipment[J]. Water Treatment Technology, 2013, 39(10): 122-124.
25. M.J. LujánFacundo, Mendozaroca J A , Cuartasuribe B , et al. Ultrasonic cleaning of ultrafiltration membranes fouled with BSA solution[J]. Separation & Purification Technology, 2013, 120:275-281.
26. Wang Z, Meng F, He X, et al. Optimisation and performance of NaClO-assisted maintenance cleaning for fouling control in membrane bioreactors[J]. Water Research,2014, 53(3):1-11.
27. M.J. Muñoz-Aguado, Wiley D E , Fane A G . Enzymatic and detergent cleaning of a polysulfone ultrafiltration membrane fouled with BSA and whey[J]. Journal of Membrane Science, 1996, 117(1–2):175-187.