Research article of American Journal of Scientific Research and Essays
Risk Perception and Evaluation of Supervision: A Study on Chinese Consumer Trust in Food Safety
School of Journalism and Communication, Jinan University, Guangzhou 510632, China
Food safety has always been the focus of attention from all walks of life as it has been treated as one of the important indicators of the development of a country, concerning national health, industrial security and social stability. On the basis of empirical data, this study analyzed consumer trust in food safety from the perspective of consumers’ risk perception, consumer behavior and food safety regulation. It is found that consumers’ trust in food safety in China is not optimistic and governance of food safety remains to be improved.
Keywords: Risk Perception and Evaluation of Supervision,Chinese Consumer Trust , Food Safety
How to cite this article:
Lei Zhang.Risk Perception and Evaluation of Supervision: A Study on Chinese Consumer Trust in Food Safety. American Journal of Scientific Research and Essays, 2018 3:11.. DOI:10.28933/ajsre-2018-11-0807
1. Cui, B. & Yin, J.J. An Empirical Study on the Mechanism of Consumers’ Trust in Food Safety Based on 862 Surveys Conducted in Jiangsu Province. Economic Survey, 2012(2)
2. Hu, L.Y. A Study on Consumer trust in Food Safety Supervised by the Government. Jilin University, 2014.
3. Hu, W.Z. An Empirical Study on Consumers’ Food Safety Risk Cognition. Zhejiang University,2010
4. Huang, W.W. China Food Safety Development Report (2015). China Food Safety News, 2015-11-28
5. Liu, Y.Q. & Xing, Z. A Study Based on Formation Mechanism of Consumer Trust in Food Safety. Modern Management Science, 2009(7)
6. Xun, N. A Study on Evaluation of Consumer Confidence in Food Safety Based on Structure Equation Model. Jilin University, 2011
7. Quan, S.W. & Zeng. Y.C. Identifiers and Self-protection in Food Safety Consumption, China Population, Resources and Environment. 2014(4).
8. M Siegrist ， G Cvetkovich . Perception of Hazards: The Role of Social Trust and Knowledge. Risk Analysis,2000
9. Sun, Z.B., Lin, X.W. & Ye W.Y. A Survey on Consumers’ Rick Perception of Food safety and Their Awareness of Risk Sources in Guangzhou City. Chinese Journal of Food Hygiene, 2014(1)
10. Wang, Y.N. & Fan, L.X. Research on Chinese Consumers’ Food Safety Trust Status: Based on Factor Analysis and Logit Test.Qiusuo.2013(9).
11. Wei, H. & Wu, L.H. A Statistic Analysis of Online Public Opinion on Food Safety and its Enlightens from 2009 to 2011. Food Science and Technology, 2013(08)
12. Wu, L.H, Wang, J.H. & Zhu, D. China Food Safety Development Report (2013). Beijing: Peking University Press, 2014.12
13. Wu, H.L., Yin, S.J. & Wang, J.H. China Food Safety Development Report (2014). Beijing: Peking University Press, 2014.12
14. Zhou, Y.H., Huo, L.Z & Peng, X.J. Food Safety: Consumers’ Attitudes, Purchase Intention and Information Impact: A Survey of Consumers in Nanjing Supermarkets. China Rural Economy,2004 (11)
This work and its PDF file(s) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.