Review Article of American Journal of Transportation and Logistics
GSM and Mobile Telephony Trends
Damilola Fowora*, Oludele Awodele, Olakunle Olayinka and Oyebode Aduragbemi
Department of Computer Science, Babcock University, Nigeria
GSM is an important technology to the world today, ensuring the connectivity of billions of individuals across the world. In this paper, the subject of mobile telephony is addressed, we look at the GSM technology detailing how it works and also look at the structure it is comprised of. Also, we see the trends experienced in then network system and see how due to technological advancement, the technology has grown to services billion of individuals today.
Keywords: GSM, Telephony, Technology, Connectivity, Trends
How to cite this article:
Damilola Fowora, Oludele Awodele, Olakunle Olayinka and Oyebode Aduragbemi.GSM and Mobile Telephony Trends. American Journal of Transportation and Logistics, 2018,1:4. DOI:10.28933/ajtl-2018-05-1803
1. Alkharashi, A. (2016). Wireless & Telecommunication. Open Access Jorunal, 8(4), 56-60.
2. ERICSSON. (2007). Long Term Evolution (LTE): An Introduction. New York: Ericsson AB .
3. GSMA . (2017, February 27). Number of Global Mobile Subscribers to Surpass Five Billion This Year, Finds New GSMA Study. Retrieved from GSMA Intelligence: https://www.gsma.com/newsroom/press_release/number-of-global-mobile-subscribers-to-surpass-five-billion-this-year/
4. Khalil, A. W. (2015). Performance Evaluation of Real Time Traffic in LTE Networks. Institute of Communiacation Technologies, 7(6), 19-24.
5. Olumide.O, O., & Abiodun.A, O. (2014). The Comparism of Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) (Global System for Mobile Communication, GSM) and Wideband-Code Division Multiple Access(W-CDMA)(Third Generation, 3G) System Based on Their Modulation Techniques. International Journal of Computer Engineering Research, 3(2), 78-85.
6. Pawar, A. S., & Pawar, A. S. (2012). Study Of THE GSM Network. International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Studies, 13(7), 52-60.
7. Salford, L. G., Brun, A. E., Eberhardt, J. L., Malmgren, L., & Persson, B. R. (2003). Nerve Cell Damage in Mammalian Brain after Exposure to Microwaves from GSM Mobile Phones. Environmental Health Perspectives.
8. Sauter, M. (2011). From GSM to LTE: An Introduction To Mobile Networks and Mobile Broadband (Vol. 2). West Sussex: Wiley.
9. Selian, A. (2002). 3G Mobile Licensing Policy: GSM Case Study (Vol. 2). Navada: International Telecommunication Union.
10. Statista. (2018, January 25). Number of Social Media Users Worldwide from 2010 to 2021 (in billions). Retrieved from Statista: https://www.statista. com/statistics/278414/number-of-worldwide-social-network-users/
11. Sutton, A., & Tafazolli, R. (2015). The Future of Mobile Communications. ITP Journal Insight.
12. Tutorials Point. (2017, January 18). LTE Networks. Retrieved from Tutorialspoint: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/lte/lte_network_architecture.htm
13. Willassen, S. Y. (2003). Forensics and the GSM mobile telephone system. International Journal of Digital Evidence, 5(4), 23-29.