Review Article of Global Journal of Artificial Intelligence
Understanding the Literature Review
Omotosho Olawale, Oluwatobi Balogun* and Oyebode Aduragbemi
Department of Computer Science Babcock University, Nigeria
Research has over time played a pivotal role in mankind’s quest for knowledge and technological advancement. In all spheres of human existence, research and its further application have over time been able to show the obvious, and yet sometimes hidden unity of science and the philosophical and sociological settings in which everything operates. Essentially, research has helped man to explore once thought of as bizarre phenomena and afforded man the opportunity to draw a fine line between opinions and facts towards gaining maximum benefits from the research’s orientation (Williams, 2007). Too frequently, research is viewed as a formalized process of applying a rigid sequence of steps to the solution to a problem but in actual fact, research in itself entails flexibility in order to maximize scientific methods. This paper explains the concept of literature review in research and how a literature review is done in other to enhance the quality of the research work produced.
Keywords: Understanding the Literature Review
How to cite this article:
Omotosho Olawale, Oluwatobi Balogun and Oyebode Aduragbemi. Understanding the Literature Review. Global Journal of Artificial Intelligence, 2019; 1:3.
1. Osuala, E. (2005). Introduction To Research Methodology (3rd ed.). Onitsha, Nigeria: Africana-First Publishers Ltd. Retrieved January 24, 2019
2. Southern Cross University. (2019, January 2). Evaluative Literature Review. Retrieved from Southern Cross University: https://online.scu.edu.au/unit-evaluative-literature-review/
3. The University of Queensland Library. (2019). Referencing style guides. Retrieved from The University of Queensland Library: https://web.library.uq.edu.au/research-tools-techniques/referencing-style-guides
4. The Writing Center. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. (2019, January 1). Literature Reviews. Retrieved from The Writing Center: https://writingcenter.unc.edu/tips-and-tools/literature-reviews/
5. UCOL. (2017). A guide to APA Referencing style 6th edition (6th ed.). Retrieved January 24, 2019, from http://student.ucol.ac.nz/library/onlineresources/Documents/APA_Guide_2017.pdf
6. University of La verne|Wilson Library. (2018, November 27). Literature Review Basics. Retrieved from University of La verne|Wilson Library: https://laverne.libguides.com/c.php?g=34942&p=222059
7. USCLibraries. (2018, November 6). Communication Studies * The Literature Review. Retrieved from USCLibraries: http://libguides.usc.edu/c.php?g=234974&p=1559473
8. Western Libraries. (2009). Literature Reviews, Introduction to Different Types of. Retrieved from Western Libraries: https://www.lib.uwo.ca/tutorials/typesofliteraturereviews/index.html
9. Wikipedia. (2018, 11 26). Wikipedia. Retrieved January 24, 2019, from Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/literature_review
This work and its PDF file(s) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.