Review Article of Global Journal of Religions
WHY THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
Samuel A. Nigro, MD,
THE MAJOR CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CHURCH THAT HAS PROVIDED BENEFITS TO BILLIONS OF PEOPLE FOR OVER 2000 YEARS: (READ AT LEAST THE SHORT ONES, but all are facts.)
1. Love, joy, serenity, guidance, comfort, education, health, logic and how to think and obtain Eternity—there IS more than this earthly craziness. There is comforting projection into more and more based on the Body of Christ–all with the startling facts of a Virgin Birth, a God-Man preaching love, His Crucifixion, and His Resurrection–God found that nothing else could convince free humans to believe and understand.
2. The first prohibition of slavery by Pope St. Gregory I in sixth century.
3. First organized medical and health care–first hospital beginning in 4th Century with Basil of Caesarea in what is Turkey today and expanded with support agencies wherever needed and able to do so.
4. Started the first colleges & universities and in West with University of Cordoba in eighth century and in 1088 with University of Bologna.
5. Created contemporary science by Parisian Bishop Nicole Oresme and philosopher friend Jean Buriden.
6. “Illegal (not-separated)” Church benefits to the state continue in America (and in every country): In 2010, in the U.S., there were 2.6 million children in 6980 catholic schools saving public schools approximately $18 billion dollars. This does not include 230 colleges and universities. The Catholic Church also provided 625 hospitals – one of five hospital beds in the US are in the Catholic hospital system serving over 35 million admitted patients annually and over 98 million patients in out-patient care. The cost to operated Catholic hospitals is about $100 billion dollars yearly of which 10%+ is unreimbursed donation by the Church….
Keywords: CATHOLIC CHURCH
How to cite this article:
Samuel A. Nigro. WHY THE CATHOLIC CHURCH…Global Journal of Religions, 2019,1:3