Research Article of International Journal of Accounting and Auditing
LEVEL OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE OF MANAGERS AS A RELATIONSHIP MARKETING VARIABLE IN THE PERFORMANCE OF SMES IN NIGERIA
AYOZIE DANIEL OGECHUKWU
The Federal Polytechnic Ilaro, Ogun State, Nigeria.
This work is on relationship marketing concept and the performance of small and medium scale enterprises in Nigeria. The objective is the provision of useful information about the understanding and usage of the relationship RMC by SMEs, and the establishment of the relationships between some management attributes and the implementation of RMC. The Research design involved the use of the two part model of the adoption and implementation of RMC. The results showed that over 80% of SMEs in the seven sampled states in Nigeria adopted and used the RMC.
Keywords: SMEs, RMC, Loyalty.
How to cite this article:
AYOZIE DANIEL OGECHUKWU. LEVEL OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE OF MANAGERS AS A RELATIONSHIP MARKETING VARIABLE IN THE PERFORMANCE OF SMES IN NIGERIA. International Journal of Accounting and Auditing, 2020,1:2
1. Alawe T.B.A. (2004). Entrepreneurship Process and Small Business Management. Sango Otta, Ogun State, Ramo Prints Production. 41 – 47.
2. Ayozie Daniel (2012). The Role of SMEs in the Development of Nigeria. Ikot-Ekpene: Development Universal Consortia
3. Anderson J. C., (2008). Customer satisfaction productivity and profitability. differences between goods and services. Marketing Science 16(2), 129-145.
4. Anyanwu J.C. and Oaikhenan, H.E. (2008). Modern Macroeconomics: Theory and Applications in Nigeria. Benin City: Joena Education Publishers LTD.
5. Agbonifoh B. A, Ogwo O. E, Nnolim D. A. (1998). Marketing in Nigeria: Concept, Principles and Decisions. Aba, Afritowers Ltd Publishers.
6. Berry L, L. (1983). Relationship Marketing in AMA (ed) Emerging Perspectives on Services Marketing. Chicago AMA. 25 – 28.
7. Brodie et al (2012). Towards a Paradigm Shift in Marketing. An Examination of Current of Marketing Practices. Journal of Marketing Management 13(5): 383 – 406. Vol.1.(2).
8. Baker M. J. and El-Haddad A. B., (1982). “Analysis of the current status of marketing in developing countries: The Egyptian situation”. Unpublished Research Report University of Strathclyde Glasgow Scotland UK.
9. Bruhn M. (2003). Relationship Marketing. Management of Customer Relationship. Prentice Hall: Pearson Education Limited Edinburgh Gate Harlow Essex England.
10. Buttle F (2008). Relationship Marketing Theory and Practice. London: Paul Chapman.
11. Chartered Institute Of Marketing (CIM) (2012). Moor Hall Cookham Maidenhead Berkshire UK.
12. Christopher M. et al (2013). Relationship Marketing. Bringing Quality Customer Service and marketing together. Butterworth Heinemann, Oxford England UK.
13. Cannie J. K (1996). Turning Lost Customers into Gold and the Art of Achieving Zero Defections. AMACON New York. 80-92.
14. Drucker P. F. (1954). The Practice of Management. New York: Harper and Row.
15. Ford I. D. (ed) (2009). Understanding Business Markets. Interaction, Relationships and Networks. London: Academic Press. Strathford.
16. Gordon I. H. (2015). Relationship Marketing. Etobicoke Ontario Canada, John Wiley and Sons, Ontario Canada.
17. Gordon I. H. (2015). Relationship Marketing. Etobicoke Ontario Canada, John Wiley and Sons, Ontario Canada.
18. Gronroos C (2015). “Relationship marketing logic”. Asia-Australia Marketing Journal, 1.(3).
19. Gronroos C. (2009). “Quo vadis marketing: Towards a relationship marketing Paradigm. Journal of Marketing Management. 10(1) 347-360.
20. Gummesson E. (2011). Total Relationship Marketing. Rethinking Marketing Management from 4Ps to 30Rs. Oxford Butterworth Heinemann, Oxford, UK.
21. Gummesson E. (2013). Total Relationship Marketing. Marketing Management, Relationship Strategy and CRM Approaches for the Network Economy. Butterworth Heinemann Linacre House Jordan Hill Oxford OX28DP UK.
22. Gummesson E. (2011). Total Relationship Marketing. Marketing Management, Relationship Strategic and CRM Approaches for the Network Economy. Butterworth Heinemann London UK.
23. Holmlund M. (2009). Perceived Quality in Business Relationships. Heisink, Swedish School of Economics and Business Administration. Swedish press. Sweden.
24. Iyasere R. J. (2002). The Marketing Concept Practices and Performances in the Nigerian Bakery Industry. Unpublished Ph. D Dissertation Work. University of Benin, Benin City Nigeria. 47-49.
25. Juttner U, and Wchrl, H. P. (2009). “Relationship marketing from a value system perspective”. International Journal of Service Industry Management. 2.(2).
26. Kotler P. (2015). Marketing Management. The Millennium Edition. New Jersey: Prentice Hall. 76-89.
27. Kotler P. and Armstrong G. (2015). Principles of Marketing. New Jersey, USA. 10th Ed, Pearson Prentice Hall Educational International.
28. Koutsoyiannis. A. (1998). Modern Micro economics. London: ELBS Macmillan, Westham.
29. Kotler P. (2012). Marketing Management, Analysis, Planning, Implementation and Control. 11th ed. Upper Saddle River N.J.: Prentice Hall.
30. Kilby P. (1965). African Enterprises. The Bread Industry. Hoover Institution on Ward, Revolution and Peace (Studies No. 8) Stanford University. USA.
31. Macintosh. G (2012). “Examining the antecedents of trust and rapport in services. Discovering new interrelationship”. Journal of Retailing and Consumer service.
32. Mckenna R. (2007). Relationship Marketing. U.K: Addison-Wesley Reading M
33. Mitchel I. and Agemonmen A. I. (1984). “Marketers attitude towards marketing concept in Nigerian business and non-business operation”. The Columbia Journal of World Business. XIX (III).
34. Ogwo E. O.(1986). “The status of marketing in Nigerian small business”. A Paper Presented at the Annual General Meeting of the Nigerian Marketing Association, Owerri, Nigeria. March: 14-16.
35. Payne A. (2010). Relationship Marketing for Competitive Advantage. Oxford: Butterworth – Heinemann.
36. Payne A. (2012). Customer Retention in Cranfield School of Management ed. Marketing Management. A Relationship Marketing Perspective. New York: St. Martins Press, USA. 110-122.
37. Payne A., Christopher M. Clark M., Peck H. (2012). Relationship Marketing for Competitive Advantage. Oxford Butterworth Heinemann.
38. Peck H. et al (2009). Relationship Strategy and Implementation. Oxford Butterworth Heinemann.
39. Pelham A. and Wilson D. T. (2012). Does Market Orientation Matter for Small Firms? Marketing Science Institute Report, Arizona, USA. No. 9 April 1995: 95-102.
40. Palmer A. (2008). Relationship Marketing a Universal Paradigm or Management Fad. The Learning Organisation, Gloucester, UK. 3(3): 19-26.
41. Palmer R. (2009). Marketing Diagnostic Tools in Cranfield School of Management. A Relationship Marketing Perspective. New York: St. Martins, USA Press: 31-43.
42. Shank D., and Chalasani S. (2013). “Exploiting Niche’s using relationship marketing”. Journal of Consumer Marketing. 9(3): 33 – 42.
43. Shokan O. O. (2002). Research Methodology and Seminar for all Disciplines. Lagos: Shona Investments Company.
44. Yomere G.O. and Agbonifon B. A. (1999). Research Method in the Social Science and Education. Centre Piece Consultants Nigeria Ltd., P. O. Box 8565