Research Article of International Journal of Addiction Research and Therapy
IMPULSIVITY IN COCAINE/CRACK USERS IN THE CITY OF ARAPIRACA IN ALAGOAS
Ademir Ferreira Júnior1*, Lino José da Silva1, Maria Sandinéia Bezerra1, Taciana Silva Dias Nogueira1, Ana Caroline Melo dos Santos2, Virginia Elaine Martins de Souza Figueiredo .
Introduction: Currently drug use is as a major problem of global public health, given the diversity of aspects involved in drug abuse, psychoactive substances exert impacts on users, families and community, contributing to damage to the physical and mental health, as well as the socio-economic vulnerability and legal problems. Objective: Analyze the degree of cocaine / crack users behavior in Cozy Communities and the Reference Center for Population Homeless (POP Center) located in Arapiraca city in Alagoas. Methodology: This is a research with a quantitative approach, performed in Cozy Communities and POP Center, which are distributed in the city of Arapiraca. The instrument used for the production of data was made by means of structured interviews conducted in the period May to July 2018, in its physical space of the institutions, listing the sociodemographic profile and Impulsiveness Scale – BIS 11. For impulsive behavior grade analysis was used to impulsiveness scale – 11 BIS, based on “Ernst Barratt model, which is considered as one of the most important in impulsive behavior explanation”. Results: The results obtained, the overall score obtained an average of 2.38 were found for each partial average score of the three subdomains impulsiveness, the resulting average motor impulsivity: 2.24 to attentional impulsivity: 2.51 and impulsivity not planning: 2.34. Conclusion: This study shows the importance of impulsivity associated with the pattern of use of psychoactive substances.
Keywords: Cocaine/crack, behavior, nursing.
How to cite this article:
Ademir Ferreira Júnior, Lino José da Silva, Maria Sandinéia Bezerra, Taciana Silva Dias Nogueira, Ana Caroline Melo dos Santos, Virginia Elaine Martins de Souza Figueiredo. IMPULSIVITY IN COCAINE/CRACK USERS IN THE CITY OF ARAPIRACA IN ALAGOAS.International Journal of Addiction Research and Therapy, 2019, 2:7. DOI: 10.28933/ijart-2019-08-2005
1. Bastos FI Bertoni C (Org.). National research on the use of crack: who are the users of crack and / or the like in Brazil? how many are in the state capitals? Ed: ICICT / FIOCRUZ – Rio de Janeiro, 2014.
2. Cruz, MS Strategies harm reduction for people with drug problems at the interface of the operating fields of justice and health. In Andrade AG. 2011.
3. TV keys, Sanchez ZM, Ribeiro LA, Nappo SA. Crack cocaine craving: behavior and user and former user control strategies. Rev Health Governm. 2011.
4. Orange R, Duailibi SM, I. Pinsky Alcohol and violence: psychiatry and public health. Rev Bras Psiquiatr. 2005.
5. Sharma L, Markon KE, Clark, L A. Toward a theory of distinct types of “impulsive” behaviors: A meta-analysis of self-report and behavioral measures: American Psychological Association. 2014.
6. PC Morais. Drugs: criminalization and alternative Brazilian legislative trend [Monographs on the Internet]. Minas Gerais: Crime Studies Center and Public Safety; 2005.
7. LG Barbosa, R. Vidal MC, Tambellini, AT A sitting posture and human motor function in the context of school children: the backpack is not solely responsible for postural problems. Ed: Fisioter. Bras, 2006.
8. Santoucy LB, MI Conception, Sudbrack MF. Understanding the right of operators of the Federal District on drug user in the enactment of the new law. Ed: Psicol Re fl ex Crit. 2010.
9. Fernandes R. impulsivity scale validation studies BIS Barratt 11 for a sample of the Portuguese population. Thesis (Ph.D.) – Course of Psychology, University of Coimbra – Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, Coimbra, 2014.
10. Malloy-Diniz Leandro Fernandes, Paulo Mattos, Milk Wellington Borges, Abreu Neander, Gabriel Coutinho, Paula Jonas Garden et al. Translation and cultural adaptation of the Barratt Impulsiveness Scale (BIS-11) for application to Brazilian adults. J. bras. psiquiatr. [Internet]. 2010 [cited 2018 Oct 15]; 59 (2): 99-105.
11. OM Michael Ernest SB. Impulsivity and DSMIII- R personality disorders. Personality and Individual Differences 1993; 14, 609-611.
12. Cristiane CLB, Jaqueline SAM. Violent behavior among crack users. Avances en Enfermería 2015 ten: 33.1: 75-84.
13. Rachel Luba, Mitch Earleywine, Stacey Farmer, Melissa Slavin, Maha Mian & Brianna Altman. The role of impulsivity and expectations Anticipating Marijuana Use: An application of the Acquired preparation model. Journal of Psychoactive Drugs 2018.
14. Maurizio Coppola, Raffaella Mondola.Impulsivity in Alcohol-Dependent Patients with and without ADHD: The Role of Atomoxetine, Journal of Psychoactive Drugs 2018.