Case Report of International Journal of Case Reports
Burkitt Lymphoma Presenting as Intussusception in an Adult: a Rare Entity
Jayashri Pandya1, Jaini Modi2, Sudatta Waghmare3
1 Professor, Department of general surgery, BYL Nair hospital, Mumbai
2 2nd year resident, Department of general, BYL Nair hospital, Mumbai
3 Assistant professor, Department of general surgery, BYL Nair hospital, Mumbai
Intussusception is uncommon among adults. Burkitt lymphoma of intestine is a rare entity. It is more common in lymphoid organs, tonsils and in midline (1). We report the case of a 28 year old man who presented as ileocolic intussusception and resection specimen was suggestive of Burkitt lymphoma. Adjuvant treatment in the form of chemotherapy regimen R-EPOCH comprising of rituximab, vincristine, cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin and oral prednisolone was given.
Keywords: Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, Burkitt lymphoma (BL), Intussusception, ileocaecal
How to cite this article:
Jayashri Pandya, Jaini Modi, Sudatta Waghmare. Burkitt Lymphoma Presenting As Intussusception In An Adult: A Rare Entity. International Journal of Case Reports, 2018 x:xx. (This article has been withdrawn from International Journal of Case Reports)
1. Ferry JA. Burkitts lymphoma, clinicopathological features and differential diagnosis. Oncologist 2006 Apr; 11(4): 375-83, PMID ; 16614233
2. Blum K A,Lozanki G, ByrdJC. Adult Burkitt lukemia and lymphoma . BLOOD 2004 nov 15; 104(10): 3009-20. PMID: 15265787
3. Burkitts lymphoma of the small intestine: A cytological diagnosis Ritesh Sachdev J Cytol. 2010 Jul; 27(3): 112.
4. Azar T, Berger DL; Adult intussusception. Ann Surg., 1997; 226:134–138.
5. Bautista-Quach MA, Ake CD, Chen M, Wang J; Gastrointestinal lymphomas: morphology, immunophenotype and molecular features. Journal of Gastrointestinal Oncology, 2012; 3: 209–225
6. Weilbaecher D, Bolin JA, Hearn D, Ogden W; Intussu-sception in adults. Review of 160 cases. American Journal of Surg., 1971; 121: 531–535.
7. Harrington L, Connolly B, Hu X et-al. Ultrasonographic and clinical predictors of intussusception. J. Pediatr. 1998;132 (5): 836-9.