Case Report of International Journal of Case Reports
Intraventricular Tuberculoma : Single Case Report from Tertiary Care Centre in Eastern India
Pan Koushik 1, Sen Barun Kumar2
1.Registrar,Dept.of neurology,Ramakrishna mission seva pratisthan,VIMS,kol-94
2.Asst.Professor, Dept.of neurology,Ramakrishna mission seva pratisthan,VIMS,kol-94
Intraventricular tuberculomas as a manifestation of CNS tuberculosis is a rare finding.Suspicion for tuberculosis in these lesions is by the constitutional symptoms like low grade fever, weight loss, presence of tuberculosis elsewhere, contact with a TB patient, low socioeconomic status, occurrence in an endemic region, raised ESR, abnormal Chest X Ray findings, positive mantoux test. It is difficult to make a differential diagnosis from lesions if no systemic tuberculosis is present. Medical treatment is the preferred management method of this disease, and surgical intervention should be considered in certain situations. We report a case of an intraventricular tuberculoma in a 15- year-old girl and we discuss the pathogenesis and the radiological findings according this location.
Keywords: Intraventricular Tuberculoma, Case Report, Tertiary Care Centre, Eastern India
How to cite this article:
Pan Koushik and Sen Barun Kumar. Intraventricular Tuberculoma : Single Case Report from Tertiary Care Centre in Eastern India. International Journal of Case Reports, 2018 3:40. DOI:10.28933/ijcr-2018-09-3001
1. Dastur HM, Desai AD (1965): A comparitive study of brain tuberculomas and gliomas based upon 107 case records of each. Brain 88: 375-396.
2. Laitha VS, Marker FE, Dastur DK, tuberculosis of the Central Nervous System. Neurology (India) 1980; 28: 197-201
3. Bernaerts A., Vanhoenacker F.M., Parizel P.M., Van Goethem J.W., Van Altena R., Laridon A., and al. Tuberculosis of the central nervous system: overview of neuroradiological findings Eur. Radiol. 2003 ; 1876-1890
4. Berthier M., Sierra J., Leiguarda R. Intraventricular tuberculoma. Report of four cases in childrenNeuroradiology. 1987 ; 29 : 163-167
5. Desai K., Nadkarni T., Bhatjiwale M., Goel A. Intraventricular tuberculoma Neurol. Med. Chir 2002 ; 42 : 501-503
6. Hsu P.W., Lin T.K., Chang C.N. Solitary intraventricular tuberculoma in adults Acta. Neurochir 2004 ; 146 : 1151-1153
7. Singh J.P., Chandy M.J. Third ventricular tuberculoma: a case report Br. J. Neurosurg. 1988 ; 93-96
8. Gupta RK, et al. MR imaging of Intracranial Tuberculomas. JCAT. 1988;12:280–285.
9. Draouat S. Computed Tomography of cerebral tuberculoma. JCAT. 1987;11:594–597.
10. Tandon PN, Bhargava S Effect of medical treatment on intracranial tuberculoma- a CT study Tubercle 1985;66:85-97.
This work and its PDF file(s) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.