Case Report of International Journal of Case Reports
Ovarian Mucinous Cystadenoma Complicating Pregnancy- A Case Report
Padmini Kumari and Mala Sinha
Gynae and Obs, Mahavir Cancer Sansthan
Diagnosis of ovarian tumor during pregnancy presents a management dilemma. We herein report a case of huge ovarian cyst adenoma complicating pregnancy in a 25 years old gravida 3, previous two caesarian, presenting at 13 wks. pregnancy. She was referred from periphery for uterine size more than the period of gestation and ultrasound (USG) showing 25×12 cm ovarian cyst. USG was inconclusive of benign or borderline ovarian tumor. Neoadjuvent chemotherapy followed by cytoreductive surgery was planned. USG guided fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) was done before starting chemotherapy which suggested benign etiology. Management plan was changed to continuation of pregnancy and conservative surgery at 20 wks of pregnancy. Planned exploratory laparotomy with left sided salpingoophorectomy was done under general anesthesia at 22 wks. of gestation. Post-operative period was uneventful. Patient was delivered by LSCS at 38 wks. of gestation.
Keywords: ovarian cyst, pregnancy, management.
How to cite this article:
Padmini Kumari and Mala Sinha. Ovarian Mucinous Cystadenoma Complicating Pregnancy- A Case Report. International Journal of Case Reports, 2018 3:42. DOI:10.28933/ijcr-2018-10-1401
1. De Haan J, Verheecke M, Amant F. Management of ovarian cysts and cancer in pregnancy. Facts, Views & Vision in ObGyn. 2015;7(1):25-31.
2. Kwon Y-S, Mok J-E, Lim K-T, et al. Ovarian Cancer during Pregnancy: Clinical and Pregnancy Outcome. Journal of Korean Medical Science. 2010;25(2):230-234. doi:10.3346/jkms.2010.25.2.230.
3. Mathur, Sandeep. Indian Journal of Medical and Paediatric Oncology, suppl. Suppl; New Delhi Vol. 30, (Mar 2009): 9-10.
4. S Goel, D Agarwal, N Goel, M Naim, T Khan, Ekrammulah. Ultrasound Guided Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology In Ovarian Neoplasms: An Assessment Of Diagnostic Accuracy And Efficacy And Role In Clinical Management. The Internet Journal of Pathology. 2010 Volume 11 Number 2.
5. Ayaty et al. CA-125 in normal pregnancy and threatened abortion. Iranian Journal of Reproductive Medicine Vol.5. No.2. pp:57-60, Spring 2007.
6. Yakasai IA, Bappa LA. Diagnosis and Management of Adnexal Masses in Pregnancy. Journal of Surgical Technique and Case Report. 2012;4(2):79-85. doi:10.4103/2006-8808.110249.
7. Elhalwagy H (2009) Management of ovarian masses in pregnancy. Trends Urol Gynecol Sex Health 14:14–18.