Research Article of International Journal of Dental Research and Reviews
A Simplified Method for Fabrication of Interim Prosthesis for Maryland Bridge
Prateek Mishra and Lakshita Singh
ESIC Dental College and Hospital, Rohini Sector 15, Delhi , India
An edentulous space in the mandibular anterior region can produce a psychological impact on the young patient and is one of the most diﬃcult esthetic challenges in dentistry. With the advent of resin cements , Maryland bridge are highly effective treatment option in these situations resulting in high levels of patient satisfaction. Provisional restorations are not much documented for Maryland bridge and needs its due consideration while treatment planning. This clinical report describes an efficient and simplified technique for provisionalisation of Maryland bridge.
Keywords: Maryland Bridge, Provisional Restoration, Interim prosthesis .
How to cite this article:
Prateek Mishra,Lakshita Singh. A Simplified Method for Fabrication of Interim Prosthesis for Maryland Bridge. International Journal of Dental Research and Reviews, 2019, 2:13
1. Howe DF, Denehy GE (1977) Anterior fixed partial dentures utilizing the acid-etch technique and a cast metal framework. J Prosthet Dent 37: 28-31.
2. St George G, Hemmings K, Patel K (2002) Resin-retained bridges re-visited. Part 1. History and indications. Prim Dent Care 9: 87-91
3. D. R. Federick (1975) “The provisional fixed partial denture,” J Prosthet Dent 34 : 520-526.
4. Stolpa JB (1975) An adhesive technique for small anterior fixed partial dentures. J Prosthet Dent 34: 513-519.
5. Shilingburg HT, Hobo S (1997) Fundamentals of fixed prosthodontics, 3rd edition, Quintessence Publishing Co Inc, IL, USA.
6. Jenkins CB (1985) The bond strength of new adhesive recommended for resin-bonded bridges. J Dent Res 64: 664.
7. Pratyusha P, Jyoti S, Kaul RB, Sethi N (2011) Maryland bridge: An interim prosthesis for tooth replacement in adolescents. Int J Clin Pediatr Dent 4: 135-138.
8. Goodacre CJ, Bernal G, Rungcharassaeng K, YK Kan J (2003) Clinical complications in fixed prosthodontics. J Prosthet Dent 90: 31-41.
9. H. B. Dumbrigue (2003) Composite indirect-direct method for fabricating multiple-unit provisional restorations, J Prosthet Dent 89: 86–88.