Case Report of International Journal of Dental Research and Reviews
TOOTH FRAGMENT REATTACHMENT: An Aesthetic Alternative- A Case Report
Pradnya V. Bansode and Vidya M. Patil
Department of Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics, GDCH, Aurangabad, MUHS, Maharashtra, India
Maxillary anterior teeth are the most affected teeth from dental trauma. The immediate reattachment of natural tooth fragment is a good alternative option as an emergency treatment for remaining aesthetical and functional problem. This treatment offers a conservative, aesthetic, and cost effective restorative option that has been shown to be an acceptable alternative to the restoration of the fractured area with composite resin or crown. In this case report we presents a clinical technique of reattachment of coronal fragment of maxillary central & lateral incisor after trauma using glass fibre – reinforced composite post systems.
Keywords: TOOTH FRAGMENT REATTACHMENT, Aesthetic Alternative, Case Report
How to cite this article:
Pradnya V. Bansode and Vidya M. Patil. TOOTH FRAGMENT REATTACHMENT: An Aesthetic Alternative- A Case Report. International Journal of Dental Research and Reviews, 2019, 2:25
1. Qureshi et al: Fragment reattachment IJMDS January 2015; 4(1)
2. Dr. Saha S.et al Management of a Fractured Tooth By Fragment Reattachment- A Case Report: IJDC 2010:2 (2): 43-47
3. Eun-Soo Kim et al Reattachment of a fractured fragment with relined fiber post using indirect technique – a case report rde.2014.39.4.324
4. Baratieri L.N., Monteiro S.: Tooth fracture reattachment: Case reports. Quint Int 1990; 21: 261 – 270.
5. Baratieri LN, Monteiro Junior S, de Albuquerque FM, Vieira LC, de Andrada MA, de Melo filho JC.Reattachment of a tooth fragment with a “new” adhesive system: a case report. Quintessence Int 1994;25(2):91-6.
6. Dietschi D, Jacoby T, Dietschi JM, Schatz JP. Treatment of traumatic injuries in the front teeth: restorative aspects in crown fractures. Pract Periodontics Aesthet Dent 2000;12(8):751–8.