Review Article of International Journal of Dental Research and Reviews
Clinical Governance Models in the Dental Office
Adil Osman Mageet1,2, Maher Abdelfattah Alshayeb1, Abed Atia Elkaseh1
1Ajman University, Faculty of Dentistry, Ajman, UAE;
2Associate Professor of Orthodontics, University of Gezira, Faculty of Dentistry, Wad Madani, Sudan
Clinical governance is a comprehensive approach that is not given its weight as a subject at the undergraduate level because either the syllabus is full or there is not enough time. This article aims to facilitate the understanding of clinical governance in the dental office by drawing modules.
These color modules and the ease of structure will tempt the eyes of undergraduate dental students. The benefit is also extended to include the general population to inform them about the importance of dental hospitals to practice a high level of clinical care, thus increasing awareness. Improving the quality of life depends on policies and procedures built on the contemporaneous reliable, evidence-based information. The teaching of clinical governance and legislation and ethics at the undergraduate level should be included in the dental syllabus.
This article will cast a glance at the future of professionalism against the background of increasing expectations from patients.
Keywords: Clinical audit, clinical governance, dental healthcare, effectiveness, risk management
How to cite this article:
Adil Osman Mageet, Maher Abdelfattah Alshayeb, Abed Atia Elkaseh. Clinical Governance Models in the Dental Office. International Journal of Dental Research and Reviews, 2020, 3:41. DOI: 10.28933/ijdrr-2020-05-1505
1. Scally G, Donaldson LJ. Looking forward: clinical governance and the drive for quality improvement in the new NHS in England. BMJ 1998; 317: 61-5.
2. Starey N. What is clinical governance?, Evidence-based medicine, Hayward Medical Communications, What is clinical governance? 2001.
3. Everybody business: strengthening health systems to improve health outcomes: WHO’s framework for action. World Health Organisation. 2007. 1-44.
4. A First-Class Service: Quality in the new NHS. Dept. of Health; Jul,1998. Pages 1-86.
5. Department of Health. The new NHS: modern, dependable. London: Stationery Office; Dec 1998.
6. Edgardo R. Parrilla-Castellar; Rebecca Almeyda; Elena Nogales; Mariella Vélez; María Ramos; José E. Rivera; Blachy Dá Vila; Vivian Torres; José Capriles; Karlis Adamsons. Cross-Sectional Study on Evidence-Based Medicine in Puerto Rico. PRHSJ. 2008; 27(2): 135-40.
7. Department of Health. A First-Class Service. Quality in the new NHS.1999. www.doh.gov.uk/newnhs/quality.htm
8.Charlotte Leigh. Clinical Governance – What is all the fuss about? 2013. http://www.theyoungdentist.com/uk/features/articles/544-clinical-governance-what-is-all-the-fuss-about#sthash.ciuOR5Mz.dpuf.
9. National Service Framework. www.doh.gov.uk/nsf/
10. National Institute for Clinical Excellence. www.nice.org.uk
11. Bandolier1995; 17 July: 2.