Research Article of International Journal of Natural Science and Reviews
Study on the pollution mechanism of drinking water source water to ultrafiltration membrane
Lv Jianxing, Geng Anchao, Wu Lingbing, Qiao Sha, Li Liuhuan
Shanghai Maritime University, College of Marine Science and Engineering,shanghai, 201306,China
The effects of particulate matter (represented by humic acid, kaolin and algae) on ultrafiltration membranes in micro-polluted water sources were investigated, and the mechanism of ultrafiltration membranes was further understood with the change of membrane flux and transmembrane pressure difference. The results showed that the removal rate of kaolin and algae by UF membrane was over 99%, while the removal rate of humic acid was only about 72%. Moreover, the extent of UF membrane fouling caused by humic acid was larger than that caused by kaolin and algae. The higher the concentration of humic acid, the more serious the membrane fouling was. Ultrafiltration membranes contaminated by humic acid were washed by 0.05mol/L NaOH alkali and 0.05mol/L HCL acid. The permeability of the membranes was restored to 91.24% of the cleaned surface, which was better than that of pure water, sodium hypochlorite and sodium hydroxide. It can provide better guidance for choosing appropriate cleaning agents for ultrafiltration membrane fouling.
Keywords: Ultrafiltration membrane; Humic acid; Kaolin; Algae
How to cite this article:
Lv Jianxing, Geng Anchao, Wu Lingbing, Qiao Sha, Li Liuhuan. Study on the pollution mechanism of drinking water source water to ultrafiltration membrane.International Journal of Natural Science and Reviews , 2019; 4:9. DOI:10.28933/ijnsr-2019-06-1805
1. Liu Wei, Cai Guangqiang, Zhang Jinsong, Lu Xiaoyan, Liu Lijun, Huang Hezhen, Yang Yaxin, Liu Jiayu. Changes and removal of protein and humic acid concentration in source water of a city in southern China[J]. China Water & Wastewater, 2017, 33(17) :41-45.
2. Jonathan G. Pressman,Daniel L. McCurry,Shahid Parvez,Glenn E. Rice,Linda K. Teuschler, Richard J. Miltner,Thomas F. Speth. Disinfection byproduct formation in reverse-osmosis concentrated and lyophilized natural organic matter fro-m a drinking water source[J]. Water Research,20 12,46(16):5343-5343
3. Liang H, Gong W J, Chen J. et al.Cleaning of fo-uled ultrafiltration(UF) membrane by algae during reservoir water treatment[J].Desalination 200 8,220(1-3):267-272
4. Yuan Bin, Lu Song, Zhang Weihong. Determination of Trace Humic Acid in Water by Ultraviolet Spectrophotometry[J]. Industrial Water Treatment, 2010, 30(04): 75-77.
5. WANG Lei,GAO Zhe,MI Na,LI Songshan.Study on the pollution behavior of ultrafiltration membrane when inorganic particles and humic acid coexist[J].Journal of Xi\’an University of Architecture & Technology(Natural Science Edition),201 6,48(04) ):574-578.
6. Wang Xuliang, Li Zongyu, Zhao Jinghong, Pan Xianhui, Hao Jun. Study on the pollution of humic acid on ultrafiltration membrane based on Zeta potential method[J].China Water & Waste-water,2018,34(17):48-51.
7. Wang Xuliang, Zhao Jinghong, Li Zongyu, Pan Xianhui, Hao Jun. Study on ultrafiltration membrane fouling and cleaning process based on Zeta potential method[J].Applied chemical industry, 2018,47(11):2336-2339.