Review Article of International Journal of Pain Research and Treatment
LORBOR PAIN IN CANE CUTTERS: THE CONTRIBUTION OF ERGONOMICS IN HEALTH EDUCATION ABOUT PREVENTION: EXPERIENCE REPORT
Maria Clerice Feijó Lopes*, Kelly Cristina do Nascimento 2, Juracy Abílio de Souza Junior3, Wallacy Jhon Silva Araújo4, Josilene Justino da Silva5, Rosiane Alves6.
Objective: To identify the understandings of sugarcane workers on the contribution of ergonom-ics in the prevention of low back pain. Understanding that knowledge of issues pertinent to this field is fundamental, members of Uninassau’s academic health and safety union have held talks with sugarcane cutters. Results: These professionals seek in the cane cut a way to support their families. We believe in the potential of each sugarcane cutter that participated in an active and collaborative way during the activities. Starting from the qualitative and descriptive approach of this experience report, we find methodological subsidies in oral history, as a way of listening and dialoguing with the subjects during the conversational wheels. Considering the purpose of the study, several lines were observed during the wheels. Conclusion: They indicate that although cane cutters understand ergonomics as a relevant element in the prevention of postural con-straints and consequently the prevention of pain in the lumbar before, during or after their work activities, their understandings about the working environment in the cut do not seem to have any impact in consolidating a broader and more critical formation.
Keywords: Ergonomics; Backache; Cane cutter.
How to cite this article:
Maria Clerice Feijó Lopes, Kelly Cristina do Nascimento, Juracy Abílio de Souza Junior, Wallacy Jhon Silva Araújo, Josilene Justino da Silva, Rosiane Alves. LORBOR PAIN IN CANE CUTTERS: THE CONTRIBUTION OF ERGONOMICS IN HEALTH EDUCATION ABOUT PREVENTION: EXPERIENCE REPORT. .International Journal of Pain Research and Treatment, 2019, 2:13
1. ABERGO DF; BÉGUIN P. Metodologia da ação ergonômica: abordagens do trabalho real. In: FALZON, P. Ergonomia. São Paulo: Edgard Blücher, 2007.
2. OIT Trabalho escravo no Brasil do século XXI. Brasil, 2005.
3. MÁSCULO FS. Ergonomia, higiene e segurança do trabalho. In: BATALHA, M. O. (Org.). Introdução à engenharia de produção. Rio de Janeiro: Elsevier, 2008.
4. TOLEDO M. Tecnologia faz bóia-fria trabalhar mais. Disponível em < http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/fsp/dinheiro/fi1809200515.http> Acesso em 22 de agosto de 2017.
5. UNICA Agroindústria da cana-de-açúcar: alta competitividade canavieira. Disponível em < http://www.unica.com.br/pages/agroindustria_alta.asp > Acesso em 22 de agosto de 2017.