Research Article of International Research Journal of Public Health
Competence Training and Incentives Medical Services Support the Achievement of Nurses’ Performances in General Hospital of Prof. W. Z. Johannes Kupang
Frans Salesman1 and Thresia Bayo2
1Institute of Health Sciences Citra Husada Mandiri Kupang-East Nusa Tenggara;
2Nusa Cendana University Kupang-East Nusa Tenggara
Background.Nurse gives professional nursing service to patients according to competence owned. Based on these services in the end of every year, nurses are given incentives for medical services as financial incentive. Purpose. To analyze the impact of competence training and incentives medical services’ distribution upon the achievement of nurse’s performances in General Hospital of Prof.W.Z. Johannes Kupang. Matterial and method. Observational survey research with cross sectional design. Population. Nurses in General Hospital of Prof.W. Z. Johannes Kupang. Technique. Total sampling technique with number of samples 183 respondents. Inclusive criteria of samples are willing to be interviewed, nurse’s status, permanent offices without limitation from particular working unit or poly in hospital. Independent variable: (1) competence training; (2) Incentives for medical services. Dependent variable; Nurse’s performance achievement. Variables are measured by using Lickert scale. Information are recorded through questionnaire. Analyzes using linier regression. Result. There are impacts of competence training (α=.000;ß=.489)and distribution of incentives for medical services(α=.012; ß=.152)upon nurse’s performances achievement in General Hospital of Prof.W. Z. Johannes Kupang. Conclusion.The training of nursing service status that could increase competences among nurse with affair incentives for medical services’ distribution simultaneously end up in the increasing of nurse’s performances achievement in a hospital
Keywords: Training; competence; incentives; management; performance.
How to cite this article:
Frans Salesman and Thresia Bayo.Competence Training and Incentives Medical Services Support the Achievement of Nurses’ Performances in General Hospital of Prof. W. Z. Johannes Kupang.International Research Journal of Public Health, 2018; 2:15. DOI:10.28933/irjph-2018-09-0301
1. Ministry of Law and Human Rights. Law Of The Republic Of Indonesia 8 Of 2014 About Nursing.p.1-2.. Retriaved https://ppniqatar.files.wordpress.com/…/uu-38-tentang-keperawatan.2014
2. Ministry of Health Of The Republic Of Indonesia. Regulation Of The Minister Of Health The Republic Indonesia Number 10 Of 2015 About Nursing Services Standards In Special Hospitals.p.2, 410-423. Retriaved https://www.scribd.com/…/PMK-No-10-Ttg-Standar-Pelayanan-Ke.2015
3. Prabawati, I, Meirinawati, Oktariyanda, A,T. Competency-based training model for human resource management and development in public sector.
Journal of Physics: Conference Series, Volume 953, conference 1. Published under Licence by IOP Publishing Ltd. 2018
4. Fordham, A.J. Using a competency based approach in nurse education. Journal of Nursing Standard. Published April 13 of 2005. Vol 19 no 31. Retriaved https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/bb23/a373f680b47526285d46f0ab7747405db39a.pdf. 2005
5. Fang-qin, WuYan-ling, WangYing, WuMingGuo. (2014). Application of nursing core competency standard education in the training of nursing undergraduates. [Internet]. [Cited 05 Agust 2018].International Journal of Nursing Sciences Vol.1, Issue 4, December 2014, Pages 367-370. Available From: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnss.2014.10.010
6. Notoatmodjo, S. (2005). Health Research Methods. [Internet]. [Cited 05 Agust 2018. Available From; http;//www.ibrary.um.ac.id/ free…/koleksi-digital-perpustakaan-23012.html
7. Indonesia, Jakarta.
8. World Health Organization, (2016). Nurse Educator Core Competencies. ISBN 978 92 4 154962 2 [Internet]. [Cited 05 Agust 2018]. Available From: www.who.int/hrh/nursing_midwifery/nurse_educator050416.pdf
9. Solvik, E. Struknes, S. Training Nursing Skills: A Quantitative Study of Nursing Students’ Experiences before and after Clinical Practice. Nursing Research and Practice. Volume 2018, Article ID 8984028, 9 pages
10. Desta, K.B. Assimamaw, T.N, Ashenafi,D.T. Knowledge, Practice, and Associated Factors of Home-Based Management of Diarrhea among Caregivers of Children
Attending Under-Five Clinic in Fagita Lekoma District, Awi
Zone, Amhara Regional State, Northwest Ethiopia, 2016. Nursing Research and Practice.Volume 2017, Article ID 8084548, 8 pages
https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/8084548. 2017 .
11. Gaol, LJC. 2014. Human Capital. Human Resource Management; Concepts, Theories and Development in Public and Business Organizations.p.484, 498-489, 501-502. Publised. Gramedia Widiaswara Indonesia, Jakarta.
12. Ministry of Health of the Republic of Indonesia. (2014). Regulation of the Minister of Health the Republic Indonesia Number 43 of 2014, Concerning Standard Minimimal Health Services. [Internet]. Publised Nov.1, 2016 [Cited 05 Agust 2018]. Available From: https://www.slideshare.net/…/permenkes-no-43-tentang-standar-pel…
13. Saleh A, Ramly M, Gani UM, Suriyanti.(2016). Factors Affecting The Job Satisfaction And Performance Of Nurses Private Hospitals Class B In Makassar. Published
International Journal Of Scientific & Technology Research. Volume 5, Issue 10, October 2016. ISSN 2277-8616. [Internet]. [cited 06 August 2018]. Available From https://journals.lww.com/nursingmanagement/…/The_effect_of_a_hybrid_training_prog…
14. Wassie, M,A. Bayu, H.N. Tebeje B.N. Kasa,F.S. Knowledge and Attitude towards Exclusive Breast Feeding among Mothers Attending Antenatal and
Immunization Clinic at Dabat Health Center, Northwest
Ethiopia: A Cross-Sectional Institution Based Study. Nursing Research and Practice
Volume 2017, Article ID 6561028, 9 pages
15. Homood, A. Alharbi, Adel F. Almutairi, Eyad M. Alhelih, Abdualrahman S. Alshehry. The Learning Preferences among Nursing Students in the King
Saud University in Saudi Arabia: A Cross-Sectional Survey. Nursing Research and Practice
Volume 2017, Article ID 3090387, 7 pages https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/3090387. 2017.
16. Sudibyo A. (2006). Constructing a Formula for Remuneration of Incentive Distribution for Nurse’s Service Based on Performance Related Pay. [Internet]. [Cited 05 Agust 2018]. Available From: journal.unair.ac.id/download-fullpapers-2.%20Awan%20 Sudibyo.p