Research Article of Open Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Study of the Effect of Sofosbuvir and Daklatasivir on Respiratory System in Patients with Chronic Hepatitis C
Alaa Aboud1, Laila anwer2, Mohammed soliman3
1Department of Tropical Medicine, Beni-Suef University Faculty of Medicine, Benisuef 62511, Egypt; 2Department of Chest, Beni-Suef University Faculty of Medicine; 3Department of radiology,Beni suef university faculty of medicine
Background: The aim is to study effect of sofosbuvir and daklatasivir on respiratory system.
Patient and methods: A randomized study was done after all patients gave an informed consent before the start. The study population consists of 21 patients receiving treatment of HCV coming to the outpatient clinic of beni suef university hospital.
Results: There is no major adverse effect of sofosbuvir and daklatasivir on respiratory system as proved by assessment of pulmonary function and Computed tomography before and after treatment.
Keywords: Hepatitis C, DAAs, Chest.
How to cite this article:
Alaa Aboud, Laila anwer, Mohammed soliman.Study of the effect of sofosbuvir and daklatasivir on respiratory system in patients with chronic hepatitis C. Open Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 2019, 2:11. DOI: 10.28933/ojgh-2019-08-0905
1. Waked I,GomaaA,Allam N etal.Hepatitis C infection in Egypt: prevalence, impact and management strategies Dove press journal Hepatic Medicine: Evidence and Research 15 may 2017
2. AA Modi and TJ Liang . Hepatitis C: a clinical review oral Dis.2008 Jan; 14(1): 10-14.
3. HarmeetKaur Bhatia, Harmanjit Singh, NipunjotGrewaletal.Sofosbuvir: A novel treatment option for chronichepatitis C infection j pharmacol,2013 IP: 18.104.22.168.
4. Osama ashrafahmed,eslamsafwat,Mohamedomarkhalifaetal. sofosbuvir plus daclatasvir in treatment of chronic hepatitis C genotype 4 infection in a cohort of Egyptian patients International journal of hepatology volume 2018.
5. Dina AbouelkheirAbdalla, Tamer Ali Elhadidy, TarekBesheeretal. Respiratory adverse effects of Sofosbuvir-based regimens for treatmentof chronic hepatitis C virusEgyptian Journal of Chest Diseases and Tuberculosis 66 (2017) 363–367.
6. K.M. Hanafiah, J. Groeger, A.D. Flaxman, et al.,2013 Global epidemiology of hepatitis C virus infection: new estimates of age-specific antibody to HCV seroprevalence Hepatology 57 (2013) 1333–1342
7. Kohli, R. Kapoor, Z. Sims, et al.,2015 Ledipasvir and sofosbuvir for hepatitis C genotype 4: a proof-of-concept, single-centre, open-label phase 2a cohort study. Lancet. Infect. Dis. 15 (2015) 1049–1054
8. Eric L, Fred F, Phillip S, Robert H, Xiao D, Hongmei Mo, William T, John G et-al.,2014 Sofosbuvir and ledipasvir fi xed-dose combination with and with-out ribavirin in treatment-naive and previously treated patients with geno-type 1 hepatitis C virus infection Lancet. Infect. Dis. 2 (2014) 383: 515
9. H. Kao, R.N. Chien, T.T. Chang, et al.,2016 A phase 3b study of sofosbuvir plus ribavirin in Taiwanese patients with chronic genotype 2 hepatitis C virus. infection, Liver Int. 36 (2016) 1101–1107