Case Report of Open Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Usefulness of Castor Oil and Elobixibat and Lactulose and Ascorbic Aid (Movicol) for Bowel Preparation for Colon Capsule Endoscopy:A Case Report
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Masuko Memorial Hospital, Aichi, Japan.
Colon capsule endoscopy was approved for reimbursement under the national health insurance system of Japan in 2014.
However, the capsule excretion rate after recommended bowel preparation reportedly ranges from 70% to 90%, and administration of boosters is also necessary. The caster oil-based booster had an emission rate of 97%, but required a total water content of 3L.
Some patients have been tested for the second and third time since the test was started in 2014. There is an opinion that these patients could reduce the booster more, and this time we will use the booster with mobiprep to perform the booster on the day with 350 ml.
Keywords: Castor Oil ,Elobixibat , Lactulose and Ascorbic Aid(Movicol)
How to cite this article:
Naoki Hotta.Usefulness of Castor Oil and Elobixibat and Lactulose and Ascorbic Aid(Movicol) for Bowel Preparation for Colon Capsule Endoscopy:A Case Report.Open Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 2020, 3:31. DOI: 10.28933/ojgh-2020-01-0205
1. US Renal Data System USRDS,2011 Annual Data Report:Atlas of Chronic Kidney Disease and End-Stage Renal Disease in the United States,National Insitue of Health,National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases,Bethesda,Md,USA,2011
2. N Hosoe,S Matsukawa,Y kanno et al. Cross-sectional small intestinal surveillance of maintence hemodialysis patients using vido capsule endoscopy:SCHEMA study.Endoscopy International Open2016;04:E589-E596
3. Naoki Hotta.The Use of Castor Oil for Bowel Preparation for Colon Capsule Endoscopy.Open Journal of Medical Imaging 2016:,6:103-107
4. Ohmiya N.Hotta N,et al.Multicenter Feasibility study of Bowel Preparation with Castor Oil for Colon Capsule Endscopy.Digestive Endoscopy 2019 31 164-172M
5. Naoki Hotta.The Use of Elobixibat and Lactulose for Bowek Preparation for colon Capsule Endscopy Open Journal of Medical Imging 2018,8,97-101
6. Nakajima A.Seki M et al,Safety and Efficacy of Elobixibat for Chronic Constripation;Results from a Randomised,Duble –Blind,Placebo-Controlled ,Phase 3 Ttial and an Open-Level,Single-Arm,,Phase 3Traila. The Lancet Gastroenterlogy and Hepatology 2018 3:537-547
7. Miguel Mingues,Antonio Lopez et al:Use of Polyethylene glycol in functional Constipation and fecal impaction Rev Esp Eneerm Gig 2016 VOL 108 12 790-806
8. Hf Hammer,Carol et al Studies of osmotic diarrhea induced in normal subjects bu ingestion of polyethylene glycol and lactulose J Clin Invest 1989 84(4) 105601062
9. Naruaki Imoto ,Miho Hatanaka et al:Acute Myocardial infection following administration of Polyethylene Glycol Electrolyte Solution with Ascobic Acid at Home;A case report Drug Saftey –Case reports 2018 525
10. Haytham Abudeed,Khurman Khan etal:Quality optimization in colonscopy:a fuction of time of colonscopy or bowel preparation Pan African Medical Journal 2019 32
11. Harunobu Kawamura,Eiji Sakai et al:Characteristic of the small Bowel Lesions Detected by Capsule Endscopy in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease Gastroentelogy Resachand Practice 2013 5