Research Article of Open Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Usefulness of Castor Oil and Elobixibat and Lactulose and ascorbic Aid for Bowel Preparation for Colon Capsule Endoscopy-Initial examination
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Masuko Memorial Hospital, Aichi, Japan.
Colon capsule endoscopy was approved for reimbursement under the national health insurance system of Japan in 2014.
However, the capsule excretion rate after recommended bowel preparation reportedly ranges from 70% to 90%, and administration of boosters is also necessary. The caster oil-based booster had an emission rate of 97%, but required a total water content of 3L. Considering whether it is possible to popularize colon capsule endoscopy by reducing the amount of water, including dialysis patients with water restrictions, we will consider whether the capsule discharge rate can be improved by combining new laxatives.
Keywords: Castor Oil; Elobixibat; Ascorbic Aid; Colon Capsule Endoscopy
How to cite this article:
Naoki Hotta. Usefulness of Castor Oil and Elobixibat and Lactulose and ascorbic Aid for Bowel Preparation for Colon Capsule Endoscopy-Initial examination. Open Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 2021; 4:42. DOI: 10.28933/ojgh-2020-12-1805
1. US Renal Data System USRDS,2011 Annual Data Report:Atlas of Chronic Kidney Disease and End-Stage Renal Disease in the United States,National Insitue of Health,National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases,Bethesda,Md,USA,2011
2. Kang JY.The gastrointetestinal tract in uremia.Dig Dis Sic 1993;38:257-258
3. Etemad B.Gastrointestinal complications of renal failure.Gastroenterogy clinics of North Amarica 1998:27;875-892
4. N Hosoe,S Matsukawa,Y kanno et al. Cross-sectional small intestinal surveillance of maintence hemodialysis patients using vido capsule endoscopy:SCHEMA study.Endoscopy International Open2016;04:E589-E596
5. Tajiri H.Current Situation And Problems Of Colon Capsule Endoscopy.Gastroenteroligical Endoscopy.(2011) ;Vol53(9)SEP :2998-2999
6. Simon Bouchard,Mostafa Ibrahim,Andre Van Gossum.Video capsule endoscopy:Perspectoves of a revolutionary technique.World J of Gastroenterology 2014;volume20:17330-17343
7. Yasuo Kakugawa,Yutaka Saito,Shoichi Sato et al;New reduced volume preparation regimen in colon capsule endoscopy. World J of Gastroenterology 2012;volume18:2092-2098
8. Naoki Hotta.The Use of Castor Oil for Bowel Preparation for Colon Capsule Endoscopy.Open Journal of Medical Imaging 2016:,6:103-107
9. Gillberg, P.G., Dahlstrom, M., Starke, I., et al. (2010) The IBAT Inhibition by A3309—A Potential Mechanism for the Treatment of Constipation. Gastroenterlo-gy, 138, S-224
10. Naoki Hotta.Usefulness of castor oil and elobixibat and lactulose and ascorbic aid for Bowel preparation for colon capsule endoscopy;A case report 2020 OIGH 3:31
11. Iser, J.H. and Sali, A. (1981) Chenodeoxycholic Acid: A Review of Its Pharmacological Properties and Therapeutic Use. Drugs, 21, 90-119.
CC BY 4.0
This work and its PDF file(s) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.