Editorial Board of American Journal of Agricultural Research
Dr. Abhishek Naik
Technology development department
Biography & Research Interest
Welcome Dr. Abhishek Naik to Join the Editorial Board of American Journal of Agricultural Research.
- To support the farming community through innovative research and developmental activities, enhancing sustainability and confidence in agriculture with special orientation in vegetable crops.
- To work in an enthusiastic, challenging and friendly atmosphere to develop a symbiotic relationship with the organization, contribute to its growth and thereby grow it.
- To work with responsibility and contribute significantly to the development of the organization to make it a pioneer in its operational area where, I shall have an opportunity to use my research experiences and utilize my Doctorate degree in vegetable crops in the field of seeds sector, and ultimately utilize my talent and energy in research and development (R&D) for the growth of the organization as well as myself.
|Examinations passed||Year ofPassing||Institute/University/ Board||Percentage of marks||Division /Class|
|Ph. D. (Hort.) in Vegetable Crops||2011||Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya, Mohanpur||77.00||1st|
|M.Sc. (Ag.) Horticulture (Vegetable Science)||2007||N.D.U.A. &T., Kumarganj, Faizabad||72.28||1st|
|B. Sc. (Ag.)||2005||V.B.S.Purvanchal University, Jaunpur||64.70||1st|
Ph.D. Research work: “Clonal characterization, flowering and bearing behaviour, yield components and fruit quality traits in teasle gourd (Momordica subangulata Blume. subsp. renigera)”
M.Sc. Dissertation: “Evaluation on genetic variability, correlation and path analysis in Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum – graecum L.)”
- Worked as Senior Research Fellow (SRF) in the Research project. “Standardization of Agro-techniques for quality seed production of onion under Gangetic plains of West Bengal” sponsored by Dept. of Food Processing Industries and Horticulture, Govt. of West Bengal under the supervision of Prof. P. Hazra since September, 2007 to March, 2010.
- Worked as project member in the Indo-Bulgarian Joint research proposal “Developing tomato germplasm possessing economically important traits” sponsored by Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110016, Principal Investigator: Prof. P. Hazra from 2008 to 2010.
- Worked as project member in the Ad-hoc project entitled “Development of production technology of high value Cole crops (Sprouting broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Chinese cabbage and Red cabbage)” sponsored by Dept. of Food Processing Industries and Horticulture, Govt. of West Bengal, during September 2007- September 2008 under the supervision of U. Thapa.
- During two years of M.Sc. programme, handling of different germplasms of seed spices like fenugreek, coriander, documentation of different qualitative and quantitative characters.
- During two and a half year of Ph.D. and project related programmes, documentation of qualitative and quantitative characters of different germplasms of cucurbits (teasle gourd, pointed gourd, cucumber, bottle gourd, bitter gourd, ridge gourd), cole crops (Broccoli, Chinese cabbage Red cabbage, tomato, brinjal, chilli and onion, maintenance of various male sterile lines and making hybrids among promising lines of tomato, documentation of floral biology of cucurbits, documentation of the effects of use of growth regulators on cucurbits, carrying out different chemical analysis of the qualitative parameters of the crops.
CertificateClick to download