Editorial Board of American Journal of Agricultural Research
Dr Ambreesh Singh Yadav
U.P. Council of Agricultural Research, Lucknow, U.P., India
Biography & Research Interest
Welcome Dr Ambreesh Singh Yadav to Join the Editorial Board of American Journal of Agricultural Research.
U.P. Council of Agricultural Research, Lucknow, U.P., India
- Coordination and management, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating the U.P.C.A.R. sponsored 37 research projects funded under ShodNidhi of various discipline Natural Resource Management, Horticulture, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Home Science, Agriculture Extension, Agriculture Economic, Animal Husbandry, Plant protection etc., implemented through SAUs, CAUs, ICAR and CSIR institutes, NGOs located in area jurisdiction of U.P.
- Member secretary of Research Advisory Committee of U.P.C.A.R.
Krishi Vigyan Kendra-II, Sitapur, U.P., India
- Worked as Subject Matter Specialist (Agronomy) and transfer of technology related to economic sustainable, wider acceptability, technically feasible for farmers of Sitapur district. As a researcher and extension worker my work mainly focused on improve soil health, crop productivity & quality and low input sustainable agriculture and how these could be rationalized though appropriate agro-techniques. Developed seed and planting material bank of cereal, oilseeds, pulses crops and fodder & forages for catering the requirements of their vicinity at village level apart from that actively implemented 04 research projects as capacity of Co-Principal Investigator.
|Title||Institutions||Duration||Funding Agency||Status of project|
|Impact assessment of Pesticides on Environment using EIQ tool under rice based cropping system||ICAR-NCIPM, New Delhi||2013 to 2016 (03)||ICAR, New Delhi||Completed|
|National Initiatives of Fodder Technology Demonstration (NIFTD)||ICAR-IGFRI, Jhansi||2013 to 2016 (03)||ICAR, New Delhi||Completed|
|Pusa Institute Postal linkage Extension Model||IARI, New Delhi||2013 to 2016 (03)||ICAR, New Delhi||Completed|
|Validation and Promotion of Integrated Pest Management in Tomato Cropping System||ICAR-NCIPM, New Delhi||2016 to 2019 (03)||ICAR, New Delhi||Ongoing|
ICAR- Agricultural Technology Application Research Institute, Kanpur, U.P., India
- Worked as Research Associate in ICAR, New Delhi funded project National Initiative on Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA).
ICAR-Indian Institute of Pulses Research, Kanpur, U.P., India
- Worked as Research Associate in DAC funded ISOPOM project “Development and popularization of ‘Model Seed System (s)’for quality seed production of major legumes to ensure seed sufficiency at the village level”.
|Category||Title||Year||Details if any|
|Concept||Development and Promotion of functional Model of Participatory Seed Production||2008–|
|To ensure quality seed availability of farmers preferred variety(s) at village level. Functional model has been developed with active involvement, cooperation, collaboration and contribution of farmers, Seed Producing Agencies (NSC, SSFCI), Seed Certification Agencies, local traders, private dealers, local panchayat. Developed functional model has been replicated through creation of registered Farmers Associations viz; Beej Vikas Sewa Samiti in Barahpur and Kisan Sewa Samiti in Kuitkheda district Kanpur Dehat for promotion of formal and informal seed system in Kanpur Dehat districts. Each association has more than 50 active members. 600 quintals seeds of Pigeonpea and Chickpea are being produced by each association.|
|Technology disseminated||National Initiative on Fodder Technology Demonstration: A giant stride towards self-sufficiency||2012 -2015||Increase fodder availability in the villages of district Sitapur through development of IFS modules. Developed seed and planting material bank of fodder & forages for catering the requirements of their vicinity at village and KVK level.|
|Technology disseminated||Crop based advisory to farmers of district Sitapur through mobile sms (text) via mKisan portal||2012 -2015||Provide crop based advisory through mobile text messages (1,020 no.) to farmers (7,13,154) of district Sitapur via mKisanportal|
|Technology disseminated||Introduction of pigeonpea var. Narendra Arhar 1||2012 -2015||To empower farmers in production of pigeon pea seed, the Krishi Vigyan Kendra-II, Sitapur conducted a Frontline demonstrations in 04 villages of district Sitapur on 2.0 ha area of farmer’s fields during 2012-13. During formal and informal meetings with farmers in the target villages where rice-wheat was the predominant cropping system. Provided on-off campus training on improved pulse production and value addition of pulses in sustainable crop production to Farmers. More than 100 ha area covered during last two years by this variety in the district. Now farmers sown pigeonpea (var. Narendra Arhar 1) on ridge & furrow methods and get 15-20 % more yield as compared to traditional methods.|
|Name of the Award/Recognition||Awarding Organization (Place/Country)||Year|
|Dr Masood Ali Vishishth Yuva Vaigyanik Puruskar -2015||U.P. Academy of Agricultural Sciences, UPCAR, Lucknow, U.P., India||2016|
|Outstanding Scientist in Agriculture Award-2016||Scientific Educational Research Society, Meerut, U.P., India||2016|
|Young Scientist Award-2015||Bioved Research Society, Allahabad, U.P., India||2015|
|Distinguished Service Award-2015||Society of Biological Sciences & Rural Development, Allahabad, U.P., India||2015|
|Young Scientist Award-2014||Scientific Educational Research Society, Meerut, U.P., India||2015|
|Young Fellow Award-2014||Society for Recent Development in Agriculture Meerut, U.P., India||2015|
|Country visited||Purpose/Subject title||Year||Duration|
|Singapore||2nd International Conference on Innovative Approaches in Applied Sciences and Technologies||2017||19-23 June, 2017|
Total Number of Publications
|Research papers published in national / international journals||21|
|Papers in Conference Proceedings||13|
|Manuals/teaching aids developed||02|
|Research bulletins/extension bulletins||01|
|Seminars/ Symposiums/ Conferences attended||15|
|Participated in professional trainings||08|
|Radio / T.V. programme broadcasted||02/02|
Life member of professional Societies –
- Life member of Indian Society of Agronomy, I.A.R.I., India
- Life member of Uttar Pradesh Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Lucknow, U.P., India
- Life member of Soil Conservation Society of India, New Delhi, India
- Life member of Society of Biological Sciences and Rural Development, Allahabad, U.P., India
- Life member of “The Indian Science Congress Association” Kolkata, W.B., India.
CertificateClick to download