Editorial Board of American Journal of History and Culture
Dana R. Chandler
University Archivist/Assistant Professor
Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, Alabama.
Biography & Research Interest
Welcome Dr. Dana R. Chandler to Join the Editorial Board of American Journal of History and Culture.
• Setting the Table with Bibles- A History of the Non-Class, Non-Aligned Churches of Christ.
• “A Pre-History of Randolph County, Alabama” in Central States Archaeological Journal.
• “X’Kala Ka: A New Mayan Site” in Central States Archaeological Journal.
• “Analysis of Coins\Medallions from Burrow’s Cave” with Bart Henson and Norman Totten.
• “Wedowee.” Entry under heading of county seats in the Online Encyclopedia of Alabama.
• “Evidence of Ancient Diffusion in the Ceramic Heads of the Maya” In ESOP Journal.
• “Current Views on Diffusion in the Archaeologia Mexicana” Mid-West Epigraphic Journal.
• “An Important Artifact in Maya Iconography” Mid-West Epigraphic Journal.
• “Randolph County Copper Mine?” Randolph Ledger Newspaper.
• “The Church of Christ in Alabama” Entry in the Online Encyclopedia of Alabama.
• “Tuskegee University” Entry in the Encyclopedia of Southern Culture, University of North Carolina Press.
• “A Social History of Tuskegee University” Entry in the Encyclopedia of American Social History, Oxford University Press.
• “Tuskegee University Archives Preserves and Shares.” Article in Alabama Historical Association, Volume 26, Issue 2, Fall 2011.
• “Uncovering Tuskegee’s Hidden Legacy: The Southern Courier.” Article in Alabama Heritage, Number III, winter, 2014.
• “Prepared for Anything and Everything: Libraries, Archives and Unexpected Small Scale Disasters.” Chapter Eleven. Handbook of Research on Disaster Management and Contingency Planning in Modern Libraries. IGI-Global Publications.
• Initial Report on the Investigation of the “Ware Road Site, Randolph County Alabama,” Central States Archaeological Journal, April, 2016.
• “Initial Report on the Investigation of “The Ridge Site” Warrior Stand, Alabama,” Central States Archaeological Journal, July, 2016.
• Review, “George Washington Carver: A Life,” Agricultural History, Vol. 91, No. 1, Winter 2017.
• To Raise Up the Man Farthest Down: Tuskegee University’s Advancements in Human Health, 1881-1987, University of Alabama Press, 2018.
• Many smaller book reviews, articles and notes.
• Institute for the Study of Ancient Cultures- Board of Directors
• Epigraphic Society- Board of Directors and current Archivist
• Hillabee Archaeological Society of Alabama- Secretary and Editor of newsletter. 2001-2008
• Alabama Historical Association
• Alabama Archaeological Association
• Disciples of Christ Historical Society
• Mid-West Epigraphic Society- Fellow
• Society of American Archivists- Recorded Sound Roundtable steering committee
• American Society of Amateur Archaeologists (No. 1338)
• Society of Alabama Archivists
• Network of Alabama Academic Libraries (NAAL)- Chairman, Digital Content Committee, 2012-2013.
• “The Ridge:” A Macon County Archaeological Project- Project Advisory Committee
• “The Ridge:” Vice President, 2012-
• The National Society of Leadership and Success, Chapter Advisor, Charter Executive Board, 2013-
• Society of Alabama Archivists- Executive Board, 2013-2015
• Alabama 200 Committee for Macon County, Alabama.
• Society of Alabama Archivists- Vice President, 2017-2018.
• Phi Alpha Theta International Honor Society in History
• Phi Alpha Theta Honor Society, Local Chapter, Auburn University
• National Dean’s List
• Victor Moseley Award for 2003, Mid-West Epigraphic Society
• Disciples of Christ Historical Society, 2003 Carl Ketcherside Scholar
• Biltmore’s Who’s Who In America, 2011
• Marquis Who’s Who In America, 2011
• Covington Who’s Who In America, 2013
• 2014 Staff Employee of the Year, Tuskegee University, Alabama
• 2016 Outstanding Faculty Performance Award for Service, Library Services, Tuskegee University, Alabama
• 2017 Gulf South Historians Conference Service Award, 2017.
CertificateClick to download