Editorial Board of International Journal of Aging Research
Dr. Fabio Monzani
Department of Clinical & Experimental Medicine, Section of Geriatrics and Gerontology, University Hospital of Pisa, Italy
Biography & Research Interest
Welcome Dr. Fabio Monzani to Join the Editorial Board of International Journal of Aging Research.
• 1998-2007 – Deputy Chief of the Endocrinology and Metabolism Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa.
• 2007- present – Director, Geriatrics Unit, Department of Clinical & Experimental Medicine, University Hospital of Pisa
• Referee for several international scientific journals.
• Member of the Editorial Board of: “European Journal of Internal Medicine” (official Journal of the European Federation of Internal Medicine); “Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism” (official clinical Journal of the Endocrine Society); “The Open Autoimmunity Journal”; “Journal of Endocrinological Investigation” (official Journal of the Italian Endocrinology Society).
• Associate Editor of: “Recent Patents on Endocrine, Metabolic & Immune Drug Discovery”; “Frontiers in Endocrinology of Aging”; “Clinical CNS Drugs”.
• Ordinary Member: Italian Society of Endocrinology, Italian Thyroid Association (member of the Group for coordination of “Scientific Research Protocols”), Italian Society of Gerontology & Geriatrics (President of the Tuscany Section and Coordinator of the Study Group on Geriatric Cancer Patients), European Thyroid Association; Italian Society of Psyco-Geriatrics; Italian Society of Geriatric Cardiology, European Thyroid Association.
• Member of the Scientific Board of the PhD School of “Medical and Pharmacological Physio-Pathology“ University of Pisa and of “Biomedical Technology in Clinical Medicine” University of “La Sapienza”, Rome.
• Coordinator of several national and international research projects supported by MIUR (Ministero Istruzione Università e Ricerca, Rome, Italy) and by European Community Research Agency.
• Main scientific fields of interest: physiopathology of endocrine disorders, thyroid autoimmune disorders, diagnosis and treatment of thyroid nodules, clinical and molecular aspects of thyroid cancer, thyroid dysfunction of the elderly, neurological disorders in the elderly, osteoporosis and traumatic fractures in the elderly, clinical aspects of acute disorders in the elderly, clinical management of geriatric cancer patients.
• The scientific production includes more than 180 original papers published in International peer reviewed scientific journals: h-Index 34 (Thomson Reuters, Web of Knowledge).
CertificateClick to download