Editorial Board of Global Journal of Urology and Nephrology
Dr Harini Bejjanki
Division of Nephrology, Hypertension and Kidney Transplantation, Department of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Biography & Research Interest
Welcome Dr Harini Bejjanki to Join the Editorial Board of Global Journal of Urology and Nephrology.
Awards and Honors:
• 21ST International Dialysis Conference “Best abstract award 2019”
• Robert Geronemus Memorial Renal Fellows Research Competition – awarded second prize. St Petersburg, Florida
• Travel Award for the 21st International Dialysis Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana
• My Abstract “Mixing Medicine and Technology” is among the top 50 abstracts showcased at Internal Medicine 2017 in San Diego, California in the early career physician category.
• American College of Physicians: ACP young achiever recognition
• Awarded second prize at the University of Florida Annual Research Celebration Day. Award for best poster in Quality Improvement research category. Research on “Computerized alerts reduce lab costs”
• PGY 2 Resident. Awarded Certificate of appreciation in recognition for leadership, hard work, positive attitude, and patient care by the Medical Intensive Care Unit. St Joseph Mercy Hospital, Ann arbor, Michigan
• Final Year Medical Student- Certification from NTR University of Health sciences – awarded the degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of science and placed in the first division for consistent good performance in all the years of medical school
• Medical Student. First Prize in Debate. Topic – Euthanasia.
Inter medical school meet held at Gandhi Medical College, Telangana, India for Golden Jubilee Celebrations
• First Year Medical Student. First Prize in Debate – MNR Medical College, Telangana, India
• Certification as a Specialist in Clinical Hypertension by the American Society of Hypertension
• Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine.
• ECFMG certification. (ECFMG- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
• Clinical Case Reports Journal: Peritonitis from Leclercia adecarboxylata: An emerging pathogen
• Journal of Clinical Medicine: Confidence in Women’s Health: A cross border survey of Adult Nephrologists
• Journal of Clinical Medicine: Dialysis or a plant-based diet in advanced CKD in pregnancy? A case report and critical appraisal of literature
• Clinical Case Reports Journal: Corticosteroids effectively treat refractory pleural effusion in patients with chronic kidney disease not receiving dialysis: A case report
• Journal of Medicine: Effect of seasonal temperature change on Electrolyte balance
• Clinical Case Reports Journal: An adult case of Atypical familial Mediterranean fever like adult onset still’s disease
• Jacobs Journal of Addiction and Therapy. An estimate of the abuse potential of analgesic opioid drugs by adult non-cancer patients
• Journal of Clinical Medicine: Dialysis or a plant-based diet in advanced CKD in pregnancy? A case report and critical appraisal of literature – initial review
• Journal of Medicine: The earlier we start therapy, the more benefit we get from multiple myeloma renal recovery
• Clinical Case Reports Journal. Pregnancy Puzzled Potassium
• Clinical Case Reports Journal: Unusual Hepatitis B Surface Antigen and HIV antibody in a Dialysis Patient
• Research and Reports in Urology Journal: Long-term renal function following zero-ischemia partial nephrectomy
• Dynamed – Brown recluse spider bite, review. Dynamed is a clinical reference tool created by physicians for physicians and other health care professionals for use at the point-of-care
• British Medical Journal (BMJ): Reviewed article on “Recurrent Infectious Thyroiditis”
Accepted Poster Presentations:
• Bejjanki H, Olaoye OA, Santos AH, Koratala A. Nephrolithiasis, Toxoplasmosis and Liver transplant: What’s the Connection? Accepted for presentation at the National Kidney Foundation Spring Clinical Meetings, Boston, 2019.
• Bejjanki H Focus on POCUS: Sonographic Signs of Stones. Accepted for presentation at the National Kidney Foundation Spring Clinical Meetings, Boston, 2019.
• Bejjanki H, Koratala A. Multiple black things on renal transplant ultrasound: an intriguing tale of allograft hydronephrosis. Accepted for presentation at the National Kidney Foundation Spring Clinical Meetings, Boston, 2019.
• Bejjanki H, Koratala A. Gastroenteritis and High Ferritin Level: Think Outside the Box. Accepted for presentation at the National Kidney Foundation Spring Clinical Meetings, Boston, 2019.
• Harini Bejjanki, MD1, Rubab Islam1, R. W. M. A. Madushani, PhD1, Mark Segal, MD PhD1, Charles Hobson, MD MHA2, Azra Bihorac, MD MS1, Tezcan Ozrazgat-Baslanti, PhD1. Adding new dimensions to AKI – persistent AKI and renal recovery determine clinical outcomes Accepted for presentation at the National Kidney Foundation Spring Clinical Meetings, Boston, 2019.
• The 24th International Conference on advances in critical care Nephrology, San Diego, California: Impact of Slow Continuous Ultrafiltration Therapy on Serum Sodium Level in Patients with Acute Decompensated Heart Failure. Abhilash Koratala, Harini Bejjanki, Amir Kazory
• 2019 – American society of Nephrology
• 2018- Florida society of Nephrology
• 2017 -2018 – Member of American Heart Association
• 2014 to 2016 – Member of American Society of Hypertension
• 2011 to current – Member of American college of Physicians
• 2008 to current – Life Member of Red Cross Society- India
CertificateClick to download