Editorial Board of International Journal of Neuroscience Research
Dr. Igor Iskusnykh
University of Tennessee Health Science Center (Memphis, USA)
Biography & Research Interest
Welcome Dr. Igor Iskusnykh to Join the Editorial Board of International Journal of Neuroscience Research.
11.30.2009 – 05.28. 2012 : PhD in Biochemistry Department of Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology, Voronezh State University, Voronezh, Russia
01.09.2004 – 01.07.2009 : B.S./M.S. (GPA 4.0) Department of Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology, Voronezh State University, Voronezh, Russia Summa cum laude (an equivalent of combined BSc and MSc)
Molecular and cell biology skills: RNA/DNA/Protein isolation, histology, electrophoresis, gene synthesis, PCR, real-time PCR, primer and probe design, design of shRNA, reverse transcription PCR, molecular cloning, Elisa, western blotting, flow cytometry, confocal laser scanning microscopy, transfection and transduction of eukaryotic cells, bacterial and eukaryotic cell culture, work with skin stem cells and bone marrow stem cells, in utero electroporation, epifluorescence microscopy, in vivo microscopy, immunohistochemistry, BAC- recombineering, ex vivo electroporation, laser capture microdissection, whole-cell patch-clamp recordings in brain slices.
Honors and Awards
2016 : Outstanding postdoc Award, UTHSC (Memphis, Tennessee)
2013 : Grant from “Foundation for Assistance to Small Innovative Enterprises in the scientific and technical field” ($30 000)
2013 : Future Biotech Award (Moscow, Russia).
2012 : Future Biotech Award (Moscow, Russia).
2012 : Michail-Lomonosov/DAAD. Scholarship, which is a binational grant from German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD, Germany) and the Russian Ministry of Education (Russia)
2012 : 2nd place award in scientific competition among graduate students at Voronezh State University
2011 : 2nd place award in scientific competition among graduate students at Voronezh State University
2011 : Government Scholarship for outstanding post-graduate students
2009 : 2nd place award in scientific competition among students at Voronezh State University
2004 – 2009: 10 Semesters of college tuition waiver and state scholarship Voronezh State University, Voronezh, Russia
Memberships in Professional Bodies/Associations
Society of Neurosciences (SfN)
The American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB)
Gerontological Society of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Peer reviewed publications
1. Fattakhov N.*, Iskusnykh I.*, Kirchner M., Chizhikov V. Lmx1a is a cortical hem master regulatory gene. * joint first authors (equal contribution) (in preparation).
2. Iskusnykh I., Chizhikov V. Organotypic slice culture system to study cerebellar development in the pig large animal model (in preparation).
3. Victor V. Chizhikov, Igor Y. Iskusnykh, Ekaterina Y. Steshina, Anne G. Lindgren, Achira Roy, Ashwin S. Shetty, Shubha Tole and Kathleen J. Millen (2018) Early dorsomedial tissue interactions regulate gyrification of distal neocortex (Submitted to Science, under review; Impact factor – 37.205).
4. Iskusnykh IY, Buddington RK, Chizhikov VV.(2018) Preterm birth disrupts cerebellar development by affecting granule cell proliferation program and Bergmann glia. Experimental Neurology. 306:209-221 (Impact factor – 4.44).
5. Buddington RK, Chizhikov VV, Iskusnykh IY, Sable HJ, Sable JJ, Holloway ZR, Blumenfeld Katzir T, van der Merwe M, Yakimkova T, Buddington KK, Lifshitz Y, Tessler S, Gilbert A (2018) A Phosphatidylserine Source of Docosahexanoic Acid Improves Neurodevelopment and Survival of Preterm Pigs, Nutrients. 10(5)
(Impact factor – 4.196).
6. Iskusnykh I., Steshina E., Chizhikov V. (2016) Loss of Ptf1a Leads to a Widespread Cell-Fate Misspecification in the Brainstem, Affecting the Development of Somatosensory and Viscerosensory Nuclei. The Journal of Neuroscience. 36(9), 2691-2710 (Impact factor – 6.344).
7. Millen J., Steshina E., Iskusnykh I., Chizhikov, V. (2014) Transformation of the cerebellum into more ventral brainstem fates causes cerebellar agenesis in the absence of Ptf1a function. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 111 (17), E1777–E1786
(Impact factor – 9.661).
8. Iskusnykh I., Popova, T., Agarkov, A., Pinheiro de Carvalho, M., Rjevskiy, S. (2013): Expression of Glutathione Peroxidase and Glutathione Reductase and Level of Free Radical Processes under Toxic Hepatitis in Rats. Journal of Toxicology. 870628 (Impact factor – 1.95)
9. Iskusnykh I., Popova T., Musharova O. (2012) Intensity of free-radicals processes and expression of glutathione peroxidase and glutathione reductase in rat heart under adrenaline myocarditis. Biomedical Chemistry. 58(5), 530-538.
10. Suhoveeva O., Popova T., Makeeva A., Iskusnykh I. (2011) The influence of N-[imino(1- piperidinyl)methyl]guanidine and N-[imino(4-morpholinyl)methyl]guanidine on citrate content, aconitase and citrate synthase activities at ischemia-reperfusion of rats brain. Biomedical Chemistry. 57(5), 519-525.
11. Iskusnykh I., Popova T. (2010) The role of magnetosomes in cellular homeostasis disorder and development of pathology (Review). Biomedical Chemistry. 56, 530-539.
12. Tsvetikova L., Popova T., Rakhmanova T., Iskusnykh I. (2010): Expression and catalytic properties of rat liver NADP-isocitratedehydrogenase under normal conditions, after administration of tumor necrosis factor-α and thioctic acid action. Biomedical chemistry. 56, 230-543.
13. Artiukhov V., Nakvasina M., Trubitsyna M., Popova T., Iskusnykh I. (2009): Receptor caspase-dependent and caspase-independent ways of human lymphocytes apoptosis induced by UV-radiation / Radiats Biol. Radioecol. 49(4), 432-437.
14. Safonova O., Popova T., Semenikhina A., Iskusnykh I., Sviridov M. (2008): Influence of thioctic acid on the oxidative status of rat tissues with chronic alcohol intoxication. Narcology. 11: 44-48.
15. Chizhikov V., Iskusnykh I., Fritzsch B. (2018) Lmx1a and b together define cochlear and cochlear nucleus projection and formation, ARO 41st Mid Winter Meeting, February.
16. Iskusnykh I., Buddington R., Zakharova A., Mukhametzyanova L., and Chizhikov V. (2017) Preterm birth compromises cerebellar development: evidence from a pig model, 2017 American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB), Philadelphia, December.
17. Iskusnykh I., Buddington R., Zakharova A., Mukhametzyanova L., and Victor Chizhikov (2017) Cerebellar development in a preterm piglet model Life Science Tennessee Annual Conference LST|CON on November 9th
18. Buddington R., Chizhikov V., Sable J., Sable H., Iskusnykh I., Steshina E., Holloway Z., Buddington K., Lifshitz Y. (2016) Brain development after preterm birth is enhanced by including phosphatidylserine in formula: evidence from preterm pigs, The FASEB Journal 30 (1 Supplement), 915.6-915.6
19. Iskusnykh I., Chizhikov V. (2016): Transcription factor Ptf1a specifies GABAergic somatosensory and viscerosensory neurons in the developing brainstem. UT-KBRIN Bioinformatics Summit, Lake Barkley State Resort Park in Cadiz, KY, April 2016, 70.
20. Iskusnykh I., Popova TN (2010): Influence 2,4-dimetoxiphenil-biguanid on DNA fragmentation of cardiomyocytes under adrenaline myocarditis. 14th International conference, Biology: Science for the 21st Century, Puschino, Russia, April 2010, 139-140.
21. Iskusnykh I., Popova T., Agarkov A. (2010): Expression of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase under diabetes mellitus. 1st International Interdisciplinary Conference on “Modern problems in systemic regulation of physiological functions”. Safaga, Egypt, 89-90.