Editorial Board of International Journal of Case Reports
Dr. Jitesh K. Kar
Clinical assistant professor
Department of Internal Medicine – Neurology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Huntsville Regional Campus
Biography & Research Interest
Welcome Dr. Jitesh K. Kar to Join the Editorial Board of International Journal of Case Reports.
• American Academy of Neurology (AAN)
• Medical Society of Madison County (MCMS)
• Medical Association of State of Alabama (MASA – Delegate)
• Alabama Academy of Neurology
• American Association of Physician of Indian Origin (AAPI)
• Alabama Association of Physicians of Indian Origin – President
• Association of Indian Neurologists in America (AINA)
• Medical Council of India (MCI)
• Recipient of “ARGUS Award for Best Clinical Educator in Community” at UAB, 2017
• Recipient of “Frank M. Yatsu award for Excellence in Clinical Neurology” for 2011-2014 at University of Texas Medical Center at Houston (UT Houston)
• Recipient of “The Best Resident as a Teacher” award in Department of Neurology at UT Houston 2011-2014
• Recipient of Arnold P. Gold Foundation award for Resident Excellence in Humanism and Teaching for 2013-14 from UT Houston
• Recipient of Arnold P. Gold Foundation award for Resident Excellence in Humanism and Teaching for 2012-13 from UT Houston
• 2nd prize in scientific poster presentation (Educational Research – Improving Neurology Clerkship for Medical Students) at Texas Neurological Society Meeting 2014
• 3 rd prize in scientific poster presentation competition (Hashimoto Encephalopathy case presented as an acute stroke treated with IV-tPA) at Texas Neurological Society 2013
• Awarded as a “Resident with the best communication and interpersonal skills” at New York Medical College/Metropolitan Hospital June 2011
• Elected Resident representative for University of Texas, Houston at Texas Neurological Society Residents association 2013 – 2014
• Elected Senate – Representative for Department of Neurology in Association of residents at University of Texas Medical Center at Houston, TX (2012 – 2013)
• Scholarship from Ratan Tata Trust in the year 2004-2005, for the excellent academic achievement (in top 1 % of students of medical school)
• Awarded as the best teacher among students in final year of medical school April 2006 at Grant Medical College & J.J. Hospital
• J. Kar, F. N. Nguyen, S. Moody. Pattern of restricted diffusion seen on magnetic resonance imaging in Maple Syrup Urine Disease. Journal of Pediatric Neurology 49 (2013) 505 – 506.
• A. Patel et al, J. Kar, G. Nadkarni. A Nationwide Analysis of Outcomes of Weekend Admissions for Intracerebral Hemorrhage Shows Disparities Based on Hospital Teaching Status. The Neurohospitalist April 2016 vol. 6, no. 2. 51-58.
• F. N. Nguyen, J. Kar, V. Misra. Aortogenic Left Middle Cerebral Artery Ischemic Stroke. The Neurohospitalist 2(3) 106. (July 2012)
• F. N. Nguyen, J. Kar, A. Zakaria, and M Schiess. Isolated Central Nervous System Histoplasmosis presenting with ischemic pontine stroke and meningitis in an immunecompetent patient. JAMA Neurology March 11, 2013; 638 – 641.
• F. N. Nguyen, J. Kar, A. Zakaria. A case of hypokalemic periodic paralysis in the setting of neurogenic diabetes insidipdus. – The Neurohospitalist. September 4, 2013 1941874413495702
• R. C. Knowlton, J. Kar, S. Miller, N. Limdi, R. Elgavish, F. Gilliam, K. Riley, J. Howell, and M. Kilgore. Preference based quality of life measures for neocortical epilepsy surgery. Epilepsia May 2011, Volume 52 (5): 1018-1020, 2011
• D. G. Clark and J. Kar. Bias of quantifier scope interpretation is attenuated in normal aging and semantic dementia. Journal of Neurolinguistics Volume 24, Issue 4, July 2011, Pages 401–419.