Editorial Board of International Journal of Food and Nutrition Research
Prof. Dr. Mahmoud Abd-Allah Mohamed Saleh
Chief Researcher , Special Food & Nutrition
Dept., Food Technology Res. Inst (FTRI), Agric. Res. Center, (ARC), 9 El-Gamma st., Giza, Egypt
Biography & Research Interest
Welcome Prof. Dr. Mahmoud Abd-Allah Mohamed Saleh to Join the Editorial Board of International Journal of Food and Nutrition Research.
– Ph.D. In Food Science and Technology 1998, Ain – Shams Univ., Egypt.
– M.Sc. In Food Science and Technology 1991, Ain – Shams Univ., Egypt .
– B.Sc. In Food Science and Technology 1981, Ain – Shams Univ., Egypt.
Position Held :
1. Specialized in Food Science and Technology from 1983 to 1989.
2. Researcher assistance from 1989 to 1991.
3. Assistance researcher form 1991 to 1998.
4. Researcher from 1999 to 2004.
5. Senior researcher from 2004 to 2009
6. Chief researcher from 2009 until now.
7. Director of FTRI Information System Office from 2001 to 2009.
8. Supervisor of FTRI Technical Office from 2013 until now.
9. Director of Special Food and Nutrition Dept., FTRI, ARC from 2016 until now.
10. A Rapporteur and Member of the Committee for the Promotion of Professors and Associate Professors (Senior and Chief researcher, respectively) for the researchers at FTRI, ARC .
11. Selected by the Taef Univ., KSA Committee for the Promotion of Professors and Associate Professors(Senior and Chief researcher, respectively) to estimate the scientific production of its staff.
12. A Rapporteur and Member of the Committee for the Promotion of Professors and Associate Professors (Senior and Chief researcher, respectively) for the researchers at FTRI, ARC .
13. FTRI representative of Special Food Committee at Egyptian Organization For Standardization & Quality.
14. A lecturer at Professional Diploma for Therapeutic Feeding, Clinical NutritionistEgypt/ Egyptian Council for Therapeutically Nutrition in the cooperation with British Certifications INC.
Major Achievements :
1. Participate in the 1995 ” Food consumption pattern in Egypt” project and its 1998 extension to defined the Egyptian food habit and how to deal with their healthy problems.
2. Participate in creating the Egyptian Food Composition Tables.
3. Lecturer and practical researcher in Food Science and Nutritional Education in Egyptian Villages and Reclaimed Areas.
4. Supervision on the production of school meals in some Egyptian Governorates through the protocol of the Agriculture and Education Ministries.
5. Participate in establishing the following tasks and FTRI contact point ( up to 15/3/2009) of:
o TMCO office to protect FTRI researchers Intellectual Properties Rights.
o Information System Office.
o NARIMS site of the ARC.
o RADCON site of the ARC.
o FP7 and the Egyptian STDF.
6. Supervision on numerous Egyptian M.Sc. and Ph.D. students in different Egyptian Universities.
Membership in Egyptian Scientific Agencies :
Egyptian Society of Food Science & Technology.
Egyptian Association for Nutrition.
Specialized Training :
1- The Intellectual Property Rights Course, September 2001. Michigan State Univ., USA.
2- A visit to Univ. of California Los Angles, California State, Los Angeles, USA December 1998 to learn how to utilize the recent scientific, computer and their most recent technologies and programs in nutrition.
3- The Third International Graduate Course on the “Production and Use of Food Composition Data in Nutrition”. Wageningen Agricultural Univ., Dept. of Human Nutrition, The Netherlands Sept – October 1996.
4- International Course on Soybean Utilization June- July 1994 Illinois State Univ., USA.
5- International Course on “Fruit and Vegetable Processing” Under the Auspices of UNIDO. Istanbul- Gibza, Turkey. 1990.
6- Natural Ingredients from Wild Plants Used in Food Industry Course Sept.– October 1999. International Center for Advanced Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Chiana, Food Quality Management and General Laboratory for Agricultural Climate.
7- Repot Writing Skills for Top Management Course, March 2006. The American University in Cairo.
8- Training of the Trainers Skills for Top Management Course, March 2006. The American University in Cairo.
9- The general International Course on the IP, WIPO Academy, Mach- April 2004.
10- Enhancing Managerial Skills for Top Management Course May 2003. The American University in Cairo.
11- Rapid Microbiological Method. Institute of Technologists & Agriculture led Export Business (ALEB) Cairo, August 1999.
12- IP and the Technology Transfer Tools, AGERI, ARC, Giza, Egypt, 2000.
13- Many courses, meetings and symposiums in Egypt in food science& technology, nutrition and food habit of the Egyptian population.
14- Many courses on instruments computer utilization in food analysis, nutrition analysis, statistical analysis, data base, graphic and writing, and other applications.
15- Possessed ICDL certificate at 2009.