Editorial Board of Global Journal of Library and Information Science
Dr. Muhammad Tariq
Incharge, Library Information Services, COMSATS University
Biography & Research Interest
Welcome Dr. Muhammad Tariq to Join the Editorial Board of Global Journal of Library and Information Science.
TRAINER: Conducted training in the following areas
• Innovative Library Leaders
• How to access your information resources: Searching Techniques
• How to avoid plagiarism: Use of TURNITIN software
• How to manage your citations: Use of ENDNOTE software
TEACHING Visiting Faculty Member at Superior University, Lahore and taught Research Seminar,
EXPERIENCE: Research Methodologies at M. Phil level
Visiting Faculty Member at Minhaj University, Lahore and taught Research Seminar, Research Methodologies, Computer Applications in Research at M. Phil level
Undergraduate classes at Science College Wahdat Road Lahore
1. Samia, N. (2018). Access and Use of Digital Resources by Undergraduate Students of Social Sciences: A Study of Public Sector Universities in Faisalabad. M.Phil thesis, Minhaj University, Lahore
2. Noreen, M. (2018). “Practices of Knowledge Management in University Libraries of Punjab”. M.Phil thesis, Minhaj University, Lahore
3. Jaffri, S. H.A. (2018). “Citation Analysis of PhD Theses Submitted During 2007 to 2016 in Pakistani LIS Schools”. M.Phil thesis. Superior University, Lahore
4. Jamil, M. (2018). “Digital Competencies of Legal Practitioners of Lahore High Court Bar Association (LHCBA)”. M.Phil thesis. Superior University, Lahore
5. Sohail, N. (2017). “Content Analysis of Facebook Pages of HEC Recognized University Libraries of Lahore”. M.Phil thesis. Superior University, Lahore
6. Ismail, M. (2017). “Professional Learning by Using Web 2.0 Technologies: A study of LIS Early Career Professionals (ECPs)”. M.Phil thesis. Superior University, Lahore
7. Yahya, M (2017). “Users’ Perception about Availability of Electronic Resources and Services in Public Libraries of Lahore”. M.Phil thesis. Superior University, Lahore
8. Ahmad, Z (2017). “Role of Parents in Promoting Reading Habits among their Children: Issues, Challenges and the Way Forward”. M.Phil thesis. Superior University, Lahore
9. Shahzad, K (2017). Technology Acceptance Behavior among University Library Practitioners of Lahore. M.Phil thesis. Superior University, Lahore
10. Sulehri, I (2017). “Factors Affecting Research Productivity of University Faculty Members of Lahore”. M.Phil thesis. Superior University, Lahore
11. Butt, G (2016). “Implementation of PM&DC Library Standards in Public Sector Medical Institutions: An Analytical Survey (Continue). M.Phil. thesis. Minhaj University, Lahore.
12. Irfan, A (2015). University Library web OPAC: User Satisfaction and Expectation. M.Phil. thesis. Minhaj University, Lahore.
13. Shaukat, S (2015). Use of Google Scholar Research Students of Public and Private Sector Universities of Lahore. M.Phil. thesis. Minhaj University, Lahore
14. Hanif, A (2015). Use of Web 2.0 Technologies in Research Productivity: A Case Study of COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT). M.Phil. thesis. Minhaj University, Lahore
One month training program at Mortenson Cetner UIUC, USA, in 2016
Two weeks training at Lancaster University UK in August 2011
Participated in the 2-days workshop on “Providing a Quality Service Training in Library Information Services” organized by COMSATS Islamabad on June 17-18, 2008.
Participated in two days workshops on KOHA ILS: A Library Integrated System Organized by PAKLAG with the collaboration of Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad on May 30-31 2008.
In service training course for college librarians at The Directorate of Staff Development, Punjab, Lahore.
Participants of Training Course on Library Management Skills Organized by Akhtar Hameed Khan National Center for Rural Development and Municipal Administration, Ministry of Local Govt and Rural Development, Govt of Pakistan, Islamabad on June 13-18, 2006
Certificate for attending a workshop on management of college libraries at Pakistan Library Forum
Participated in two days training workshop of College librarians organized by Pakistan Library Forum.
Participated in days training workshop on Skill Enhancement in cataloguing and classification organized by Pakistan Library Forum.
Participated in day workshop on International standards for automated cataloguing organized by Pakistan library forum and Department of Library and information science, University of the Punjab.
Participated in two days workshops on Conducting Survey Research Organized by Information Management Academy (LIMA) and Quaid-e-Azam Library, Lahore on August 30-31 2003.
Participated in International Conference on “Emerging Paradigm in Librarianship a call for Innovations” on November 28 & 29, 2007, organized by Pakistan Library Association.
Participated in a lecture on Ethics of the Research by Dr. Mumtaz A. Anwar Organized by Department of Library and Information Science, University of the Punjab.
Resource person in various courses conducted by National Institute of Public Administration, Peshawar & Pakistan Academy for Rural Development, Peshawar
Organizer Library Orientation Programs of CIIT Lahore for newly admitted students of Whole University of the COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Lahore
Organized many book fiar exhibition on various events at NIPA – PARD, Peshawar & COMSATS Lahore
Demonstration the library services to foreign delegations (World Bank, Asian development bank, UNICEF) and high Govt. officers (Ministers, Secretaries) at CIIT Lahore Library.
CertificateClick to download