Editorial Board of International Journal of Animal Research
Dr. Nayan Roy
Assistant professor of Zoology
M. U. C. Women’s College, Dept. of Zoology
Biography & Research Interest
Welcome Dr. Nayan Roy to Join the Editorial Board of International Journal of Animal Research.
1. National Eligibility Test (NET, June, 2008): CSIR (JRF), Roll No.-317112 (Life Sciences)
2. State Level Eligibility Test (SET, 2008): Roll No.-G140801 (SC) (Life Science)
3. Ph.D. Course Work in Zoology, 2010-2011, Roll No. CW ZOO/2011/28, from Department of Zoology, University of Burdwan.
4. Ph.D. on Plant-insect interactions from Burdwan University from 02.01.2009 to 20.08.2013 & Ph D. Registration No: Regn /Zoo/Sc/380. Dated: 02/06/2011.
5. Ph.D. thesis entitled “Phytochemicals in the sunflower Helianthus annuus L. (CV. PAC-36) and their role in the interactions with defoliator, Diacisia casignetum Kollar (Lepidoptera : Arctiidae)” awarded on 20th February 2014.
Area of Specialization: Chemical Ecology of Plant-Insect Interactions & GPM
1. Worked as a CSIR Junior Research Fellow in Department of Zoology, University of Burdwan from 02.01.2009 to 31.03.2010 on “Phytochemicals in the sunflower (Helianthus annus L.) and their ecological Implications on the insect herbivore, Diacrisia casignetum Kollar” under the guidance of Dr. A. Barik, Department of Zoology, University of Burdwan.
2. Worked as a Part-time Research fellow (from 01.04.2010) under a project entitled “Phytochemicals in the sunflower, Helianthus annus L. (cv. PAC-36) and their role in the interactions with defoliator, Diacrisia casignetum Kollar (Lepidoptera : Arctiidae)” under the guidance of Dr. A. Barik. Department of Zoology, University of Burdwan.
1. Technical Skills: Microscopy (Light, dark field, fluorescence, Confocal and phase contrast), Electron Microscopy (Scanning and transmission), UV-Vis Spectrophotometry, Thermal gravimetric analysis (TGA), Chromatography (CC, TLC, HPLC, GC-FID, GLC, GC-MS and NMR) etc.
2. Statistical Skills: Significance tests, ANOVA, Multivariate regression analysis, PCA, Software packages used: SPSS statistical software 16.0, Origin pro 7.5, Chemoffice 2004, etc.
3. Other Skills: MS word, Excel, Power point presentation, Photoshop, Corel Draw etc.
CertificateClick to download