Editorial Board of Journal of Modern Economy
Dr. Paresh Shah
Accredited Management Teacher and Researcher
Professor, Commerce and Management, Rai University, Ahmedabad
Biography & Research Interest
Welcome Dr. Paresh Shah to Join the Editorial Board of Journal of Modern Economy.
Prof. (Dr.) Paresh Shah, PhD, FCMA, Alumnus of IIM, Ahmedabad; in addition also holds graduate and post graduate degrees from university. He is Professor (Commerce and Management), Rai University, Ahmedabad. (Gujarat State Approved Private University).
Specialisation and Research Interest Area: Finance, Accounts and Control
Paresh Shah holds Industrial Experience of nearly decade with TATA group, and Post Doctorate Experience of more than 24 years. His doctorate study was undertaken under the direct supervision and guidance of Prof. (Dr.) I. M. Pandey, Professor of Finance, and then Dean of Indian Institute of Management. The doctorate study was empirical study on Indian Electronics Industry with respect to Telecommunication and Computer Sector. Paresh Shah is an Industry Academia and a Freelance Visiting Professor at several reputed institutions in state of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, etc. The area of interest is teaching, research and writing in Finance, Accounts and Control area.
He is also Corporate Trainer. He is also conducting the faculty development programmes and workshop across India for business management schools and institutions. He has published 40 research papers published peer reviewed journals in international and national journals. Research papers includes eight international research papers. He has also authored nineteen books, out of that five books are highly accepted at global market. The international publishers include Oxford University Press (Accounting area), Biztantra- Wiley India (Financial Management area), and Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany (Research publications). Paresh is Editorial Board Member of five international journals and nine national journals. He is also the member of eight professional and academicals institutions. He has conducted eight Colloguia. Presently Six Research Scholars are pursuing Doctorate Study under him.
Paresh is recipient of thirteen awards at national and international level, among that four are at international level. The memorable major awards include:
1. “Outstanding Management Teacher – Global” by Management Teachers Consortium – Global” in Sept 2015.
2. Outstanding Eminent Jain Educationalist Award by World Jain Confederation December, 2013
3. Award of Key of Professional Success Plaque by American Biographical Institute, Inc., USA in 2011.
4. Rashtrya Jewel Award, for conglomerating the traditional accounting concept with plus and minus logic of accounts; at Indian International Centre, New Delhi as on 8 December, 2012 through the hand of Shri Anden Konyak, Cabinet Rank and Deputy Commissioner Zunheboto, Government of Nagaland.
5. Bharat Excellence award, for Outstanding Post Doctorate Research in Finance and Accounts area; at Indian International Centre, New Delhi as on 8 December, 2012 through the hand of Shri Anden Konyak, Cabinet Rank and Deputy Commissioner Zunheboto, Government of Nagaland.
6. Selected for Award of “Key of Professional Success” Plaque by American Biographical Institute, Inc., USA.
7. Status of Eminent Personalities of India by International Biographical Research Foundation in 2004 in recognition of his modern approach of accounting, i.e., accounting without debit and credit
CertificateClick to download