Dr. PREETA DATTA
Senior Engineer, Core Innovation, Sealed Air Corporation, USA.
Biography & Research Interest
Welcome Dr. PREETA DATTA to Join the Editorial Board of International Research Journal of Materials Sciences and Applications.
Ph.D. Chemical Engineering North Carolina State University, USA
M.E., Chemical Engineering Indian Institute of Science, India
B.E., Chemical Engineering Jadavpur University, India.
Peer Reviewer – BioInterphases (Am. Vacuum Soc.), Polymer Crystallization & Journal of Polymer Sc: Part A (Wiley).
Editorial Board Member – Material Science Research India (MSRI) Journal.
Invited Judge for:
• Grand Awards Material Science Category, Intel International Science & Engineering Fair, 2018
• Material Science Session, Undergraduate Research Symposium, UNC Charlotte, 2018
• Poster Session – Triangle Soft Matter Workshop, 2018
• Annual Post-Doctoral Research Symposium, College of Engineering, NCSU, 2017
• Annual Graduate Research Symposium, College of Engineering, NCSU, 2017
PEER-REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS (Total Independent Citations: 33)
1. P. Datta, K, Efimenko & J. Genzer, “Effect of Confinement on Thermal Frontal Polymerization”, Polymer Chemistry, (2012)
2. P. Datta & J. Genzer, “Computer Simulation of Template Polymerization using a controlled reaction scheme”, Macromolecules (2013)
3. W. Zhang, N. Vinueza, P. Datta & S. Michielsen, “Functional dye as a co-monomer in a water-soluble polymer”, Journal of Polymer Science Part B: Polymer Chemistry (2015)
4. P. Datta & J. Genzer, “’Grafting-through Polymerization’ involving surface-bound monomers”, Journal of Polymer Science Part B: Polymer Chemistry (2015) – FRONT COVER ARTICLE.
PUBLICATIONS TO BE SUBMITTED
5. P. Datta, K. Efimenko & J. Genzer, “Fabricating fairly monodisperse polymers via free radical polymerization using frontal polymerization set-up”
6. P. Datta, K. Efimenko & J. Genzer, “Controlling polymer polydispersity using a frontal polymerization set-up”
7. P. Datta, R. Patil, Y. Ko & J. Genzer, “A comprehensive review of Paper Polymer Brush Properties Measurement”
8. P. Datta, “A computational study of phase transition behavior of gold nanoparticles in presence of a substrate”.
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
1. P. Datta & J. Genzer, “Understanding Grafting-Through Polymerization Reactions involving surface-bound monomers”, American Physical Society March Meeting 2015, San Antonio, TX, USA.
2. P. Datta, K. Efimenko & J. Genzer, “Creating mono-disperse polyacrylamide free-radically via thermal frontal polymerization”, American Physical Society March Meeting 2014, Denver, CO, USA
3. P. Datta & J. Genzer, “Template Polymerization using a controlled reaction scheme”, American Physical Society March Meeting 2013, Baltimore, MD, USA
4. P. Datta, K, Efimenko & J. Genzer, “Confinement Effects on Thermal Frontal Polymerization”, American Physical Society March Meeting 2012, Boston, MA, USA
5. P. Datta, K. Efimenko & J. Genzer, “Effect of spatial confinement on thermal frontal polymerization”, International Research Training Group (IRTG) Annual Meeting 2013, New Bern, NC, USA.
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS & HONORS
3rd in all India- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (2006), nation-wide qualifying test for graduate studies.
Research Scholar (2007-09), Ministry of Human Resource & Development, Government of India.