Dr Sujith Kalluri
Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST), UNIST-gil 50, Ulsan 44919, South Korea.
Biography & Research Interest
Welcome Dr Sujith Kalluri to Join the Editorial Board of International Research Journal of Materials Sciences and Applications.
• Awardee – PhD Student Excellence Award (2015), Outstanding PhD Thesis Commendation (2016), and Young Scientist Award (2017).
• Recipient – Fully funded PhD Scholarship with various International travel grants, UOW-ANSTO Research Scholarship, and Career Launch Scholarship.
• International research collaborations with leading scientists and industry (Samsung and LG) experts in the field (Rechargeable Batteries, Energy Storage Technology) through visits and journal articles etc.
• Six years’ research experience in Renewable Energy Systems, Electronic Materials Engineering.
• Published research in high-ranked SCI journals: Advanced Materials, Advanced Energy Materials, Scientific Reports, Chemistry of Materials, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, and Journal of Materials Chemistry A etc.
Ph.D., Electronic Materials Engineering March 2013 – September 2016 Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences, University of Wollongong, Australia Thesis title: Nano-engineering and advanced characterizations of layered-structure electrode materials for lithium-ion and sodium-ion batteries (Examiners’ Commendation for Outstanding Thesis) Supervisors: Professors Zaiping Guo and Shi Xue Dou
Master of Technology (Major: Renewable Energy Technology, Electronic Materials) Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University, India September 2010 – September 2012 Dissertation title: Electrospun polyaniline-carbon black composite nanofibrous mats for conductive electrode applications Supervisor: Dr Avinash Balakrishnan Graduated
M.Tech degree with GPA 9.09/10.00Bachelor of Technology in Electronics Engineering September 2006 – April 2010 Acharya Nagarjuna University, India Obtained B.Tech degree with GPA 3.6/4.0
PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL PAPERS
1. S. Kalluri et al., Unveiling the novel architecture of Ni-rich cathode materials by one-pot co-precipitation method for high-rate and safe lithium-ion batteries. (Manuscript under preparation)
2. S. Kalluri, M. Yoon, M. Jo, H.K. Liu, S.X. Dou, J. Cho, Z. Guo, Feasibility of cathode surface coating technology for high-energy lithium-ion and beyond-lithium-ion batteries. Advanced Materials, Accepted and published online, DOI: 10.1002/adma.201605807. (I.F. = 19.79)
3. S. Kalluri, M. Yoon, M. Jo, S. Park, S. Myeong, J. Kim, S.X. Dou, Z. Guo, J. Cho, Surface engineering strategies of layered LiCoO2 cathode material to realize high-energy and high-voltage Li-ion cells, Advanced Energy Materials, 2017, 7, 1601507. (I.F. = 16.72) ‘Selected as Journal back cover’
4. S. Kalluri, K.H. Seng, Z. Guo, A. Du, K. Konstantinov, H.K. Liu, S.X. Dou, Sodium and lithium storage properties of spray-dried molybdenum disulfide-graphene hierarchical microspheres, Scientific Reports 5, 11989, 2015; DOI: 10.1038/srep11989. (I.F. = 4.25)
5. W.K. Pang* , S. Kalluri* , V.K. Peterson, N. Sharma, J. Kimpton, B. Johannessen, H.K. Liu, S.X. Dou, Z. Guo, Interplay between electrochemistry and phase evolution of the P2-type Nax(Fe1/2Mn1/2)O2 cathode for use in sodium-ion batteries, Chemistry of Materials 2015, 27 (8), 3150. (*Equally contributed to the first authorship, I.F. = 9.46)
6. S. Kalluri, W.K. Pang, K.H. Seng, Z. Chen, Z. Guo, H.K. Liu, S.X. Dou, One-dimensional nanostructured design of Li1+x(Mn1/3Ni1/3Fe1/3)O2 as a dual cathode for lithium ion and sodium-ion batteries, Journal of Materials Chemistry A 2015, 3 (1), 250. (I.F. = 8.86)
7. S. Kalluri, W.K. Pang, V.K. Peterson, Z. Guo, H.K. Liu, S.X. Dou, Better battery materials for balancing future energy demands, The Vehicle Technology Engineer Magazine (SAE – Australasia Magazine), Issue 7 – October 2015, Page No. 22.
8. R. Ranjusha, T.S. Sonia, S. Roshny, V. Lakshmi, S. Kalluri, T.N. Kim, S.V. Nair, A. Balakrishnan, Synthesis, characterization and rate capability performance of the microporous MnO2 nanowires as cathode material in lithium batteries, Materials Research Bulletin 2015, 70, 1. (I.F. = 2.44)
9. V. Dhand, J.S. Prasad, M.V. Rao, S. Kalluri, P.K. Jain, B. Sreedhar, Hydrogen adsorption in flame synthesized and lithium intercalated carbon nanofibers – A comparative study, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology 2015, 15, 742. (I.F. = 1.48)
10. S. Kalluri, K.H. Seng, W.K. Pang, Z. Guo, Z. Chen, H.K. Liu, S.X. Dou, Electrospun P2- type Na2/3(Fe1/2Mn1/2)O2 hierarchical nanofibers as cathode material for sodium ion batteries, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2014, 6 (12), 8953. (I.F. = 7.5)
11. W.K. Pang, S. Kalluri, V.K. Peterson, S.X. Dou, Z. Guo, Electrochemistry and structure of the cobaltfree Li1+xMO2 (M = Li, Ni, Mn, Fe) composite cathode, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics 2014, 16 (46), 25377. (I.F. = 4.12)
12. P. Anjali, A.M. Asha, R. Ranjusha, S. Kalluri, K.R.V. Subramanian, N. Sivakumar, T.N. Kim, S.V. Nair, A. Balakrishnan, Chemical and structural stability of porous thin film NiO nanowire based electrodes for supercapacitors, Chemical Engineering Journal 2013, 220, 360. (I.F. = 6.21)
13. T.S. Sonia, P.A. Mini, R. Nandhini, S. Kalluri, A. Balakrishnan, S.V. Nair, K.R.V. Subramanian, Composite supercapacitor electrodes made of activated carbon/PEDOT:PSS and activated carbon/doped PEDOT, Bulletin of Materials Science 2013, 36, 547. (I.F. = 0.89)
14. K. Sujith, A.M. Asha, P. Anjali, N. Sivakumar, K.R.V. Subramanian, S.V. Nair, A. Balakrishnan, Fabrication of highly porous conducting PANI-C composite fiber mats via electrospinning, Materials Letters 2012, 67, 376. (I.F. = 2.57)
15. S. Kalluri, A.M. Asha, B.P. Arun, R. Vani, P. Anjali, A.S. Nair, N. Sivakumar, K.R.V. Subramanian, S.V. Nair, A. Balakrishnan, Electrical properties of electrospun polyaniline-carbon black composite nanofibers, Science of Advanced Materials 2012, 4, 1220. (I.F. = 1.67)
16. A.M. Asha, S. Kalluri, P. Anjali, N. Sivakumar, K.R.V. Subramanian, S. Nair, A. Balakrishnan, Effect of surface nanomorphology and interfacial galvanic coupling of PEDOT-Titanium counter electrodes on the stability of dye-sensitized solar cell, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology 2012, 12, 6340. (I.F. = 1.48)
17. S. Parvathy, R. Ranjusha, K. Sujith, K.R.V.Subramanian, N. Sivakumar, S.V. Nair, A. Balakrishnan, Cycling performance of nanocrystalline LiMn2O4 thin films via electrophoresis, Journal of Nanomaterials 2012, 2012, Article ID: 259684, 6 pages. (I.F. = 1.87)