Case Report of American Journal of Anatomy and Physiology
SUPERIOR MESENTERIC ARTERY: CLINICAL CASE
Miranda Nava Gabriel1, Gallo Frías Luis Gilberto2, Maria Preciado2
1Department of Neurology, Hospital Center of the Presidential General Staff, Masters in Public Health, Doctor in administration and Public Policies, Mexico
2University of Guadalajara Lamar MD. Social Service.
Acute mesenteric ischemia refers to a sudden onset of intestinal hypoperfusion, which can be due to a reduction or cessation of arterial inflow leading to cellular damage, intestinal necrosis and eventually death if untreated. The incidence is low, estimated at 0.09-0.2% of all acute surgical admissions  , this incidence increases with age having a median age of presentation of 70 years old and has a predispose for women at a 3:1 ratio. Prompt diagnostic and innervation are necessary due to increase mortality rates from 50-80%. Mayor risk factors include atrial fibrillation, recent myocardial infarction, cardiac valvulopathies, hypertension, atherosclerosis, obesity, and tabaco. 
Keywords: Toxic megacolon, exploratory laparotomy, superior mesenteric artery ischemia.
How to cite this article:
Miranda Nava Gabriel, Gallo Frías Luis Gilberto, Maria Preciado. Superior Mesenteric Artery: Clinical Case.American Journal of Anatomy and Physiology, 2020, 3:13.
1. Gregory Pearl, MD, Ramyar Gilani, MD et al. Acute Mesenteric arterial occlusion, UPtodate 2020
2. Miklosh Bala, Jeffry Kashuk, Ernest E. Moore, Yoram Kluger et al. Acute mesenteric ischemia: guidelines of the world society of Emergency surgery, World Journal of Emergency Surgery 2017
3. Sylvia Vindas Guerrero, Acute mesenteric ischemia, Revista Médica Sinergia 2017
4. Susan L. Gearhart, Mesenteric Vascular insuficiency, Harisson Internal medicine 18ª edition pg 2510-2513
5. Nicole Van Home, Jeremy P. Jackson et al. Superior Mesenteric Artery Syndrome, StatPearls, 2020
6. Huseyin Ozkurt, Merve Meltem Cenker, Nagaihan Bas, Sukru Mehment Ertuk et al. Measurement of the distance and angle between the aorta and the superior mesenteric artery: normal values in different BMI categories, PubMed 2007
7. Florim S. Almeida, Rocha D. Portugal P. Acute mesentericischemia. ttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ pmc/articles/PMC6206376/ Insight Imaging. [August 2018]