Research Article of American Journal of Anatomy and Physiology
EVALUATION OF THE VITAMIN D PROFILE IN PATIENTS SERVED BY A MACEIÓ-AL LABORATORY
Wesley Barbosa Medeiros1, Evandro Valentim da Silva1, Fálba Bernadete Ramos dos Anjos3, Márcia Raquel Cedrim Vieira 4
1Professor UNINASSAU, 2Pathology Laboratory of Hospital das Clínicas HC/UFPE, 3ProfessorUFPE, 4Professor CESMAC
Vitamin D is a hormone of great importance for vital body activities, as well as for the modulation of the immune system. Being acquired by food, but mainly by exposure to sunlight. Although reduced levels of vitamin D can cause problems related to bone mining, the excess of this is responsible for processes of intoxication. The present work aims to describe the levels of vitamin D of patients treated by a reference laboratory in the health district of Maceió-Al, describing the main affected population and producing a comparison of the levels in relation to social isolation. For this purpose, laboratory records were used considering the period from November 2019 to November 2020 and producing comparisons to sexes, age and analysis period of patients. In total, 1,025 vitamin D tests were performed, of which 27.4% of the patients were male and the other 82.6% were female. During the defined periods, greater numbers of exams were performed in the period of social relaxation. During the analyzed period, higher levels of deficiency were observed in adolescent and, mainly, elderly patients, compared to sexes, women had a higher level of deficiency and the highest levels of vitamin D deficiency during the period of social isolation.
Keywords: Vitamin D. Deficiency. Group of risk.
How to cite this article:
Wesley Barbosa Medeiros, Evandro Valentim da Silva, Fálba Bernadete Ramos dos Anjos, Márcia Raquel Cedrim Vieira. EVALUATION OF THE VITAMIN D PROFILE IN PATIENTS SERVED BY A MACEIÓ-AL LABORATORY. .American Journal of Anatomy and Physiology, 2021, 4:18. DOI:10.28933/ajap-2021-08-1805
1. MELO, S. R. S.; SANTOS, R. O.; DOS SANTOS, L. R.; MORAIS, J. B. S., SEVERO, J. S.; SOUSA, M. P.; CRUZ, K. J. C.; OLIVEIRA, A. R. S.; MARREIRO, D. N.: Relação da vitamina D sobre a inflamação na obesidade. Research, Society and Development, v. 9, n. 2, p. 8, 2020.
2. VÁSQUEZ-AWAD, D.; CANO-GUTIÉRREZ, C. A.; GÓMEZ-ORTIZ, A.; GONZÁLEZ, M. Á.; GUZMÁN-MORENO, R.; MARTÍNEZ-REYES, J. I.; ROSERO-OLARTE, O.; RUEDA-BELTZ, C.; & ACOSTA-REYES, J. L.: Vitamina D. Consenso colombiano de expertos. Medicina, v. 39, n. 2, p. 140-157, 2017.
3. MONTEIRO, E.; BAPTISTA, N.; FARIA, A.; LOUREIRO, H.: Deficiência de vitamina d em crianças com doença celíaca. Acta Portuguesa de Nutrição, n. 19, p. 56-59, 2019.
4. URRUTIA‐PEREIRA, M.; SOLÉ, D.: Deficiência de vitamina D na gravidez e o seu impacto sobre o feto, o recém‐nascido e na infância. Revista Paulista de Pediatria, v. 33, n. 1, p. 104-113, 2015.
5. BRITO, B. B. O.; SOARES, R. X.; ALEXANDRE, T. A.; DE SOUSA, M. N. A.; DE LIMA JÚNIOR, U. M.: VITAMINA D: RELAÇÃO COM A IMUNIDADE E PREVALÊNCIA DE DOENÇAS. Journal of Medicine and Health Promotion. v. 2, n. 2, p. 598-608, 2017.
6. LIM, K.; THADHANI, R.: Toxicidade da Vitamina D. Brazilian Journal of Nephrology, v. 42, n. 2, p. 238-244, 2020.
7. FERNANDES, C. C. B. S.; RODRIGUES, C. C. N.; CRUZ, G. N. A. P.; DE ALMEIDA COSTA, J. C.; MELO, M. G. R.; PESSÔA, T. R.; SANTOS, L. L.: O papel da vitamina d na infecção pelo Coronavírus sars-cov-2: Revisão da literatura. Brazilian Journal of Health Review, v. 3, n. 4, p. 9092-9106, 2020.
8. BATISTA, J. V. A.: Adaptação à doença crónica-O caso das doenças auto-imunes. DISSERTAÇÃO DE MESTRADO
This work and its PDF file(s) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.