Research Article of American Journal of Agricultural Research
Research on screening performance of double layer vibrating screen for soybean harvester based on discrete element method
Ning Xinjie1, Jin Chengqian1,2*, Liu Peng1, Li Qinglun1, Chen Yanpu1
1School of Agricultural Engineer and Food Science, Shandong University of Technology, Zibo 255000, China; 2Nanjing Research Institute for Agricultural Mechanization Ministry of Agriculture, Nanjing 210014,China
In order to improve the screening effect of grain combine harvester, it is necessary to study the influence of different screening parameters on screening performance.In this paper, discrete element method was used to simulate the screening process of soybean and short stems by selecting different screening parameters, and dynamic screening efficiency and the number of short stems under screening were introduced as evaluation criteria.The results show that under certain other conditions, the vibration frequency, amplitude and direction angle have significant influence on the screening performance, while the inclination angle of the upper screen has little influence on the screening performance. With the increase of vibration frequency, amplitude and direction angle, screening efficiency increased first and then decreased, while the number of short stalks under screening increased first and then decreased. Considering the screening efficiency and the number of short stalks under the screening, it is concluded that the screening performance is better when the amplitude is 25 mm, the vibration frequency is 4 Hz, the vibration direction angle is 25 degrees and the upper screening angle is 3 degrees. The simulation results are verified by field experiments, and the simulation results meet the requirements of field experiments.
Keywords: Vibrating screen; Discrete element method; Screening performance; Screening parameters
How to cite this article:
Ning Xinjie, Jin Chengqian, Liu Peng, Li Qinglun, Chen Yanpu. Research on screening performance of double layer vibrating screen for soybean harvester based on discrete element method. American Journal of Agricultural Research, 2019,4:68. DOI: 10.28933/ajar-2019-08-2706
1. Li Yaoming,Deng Lingli,Ding Weimin. Analysis and Improvement Design on the Cleaning Mechanism of Small Grain Combine [J]. Journal of Agricultural Mechanization Research ,2004(03):55-56. ( in Chinese)
2. Zhang Min, Jin Chengqian, Liang Suning, Tang Qing, Wu Chongyou. Parameter optimization and experiment on air-screen cleaning device of rapeseed combine harvester [J]. Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Engineering,2015, 31(24): 8－15. ( in Chinese)
3. WANG Lijun, Feng Xin, Wu Zhengchao, et al． Design and test of stepped vibrating screen with cross air for maize harvester ［J］ ．Transactions of the Chinese Society for Agricultural Machinery,2018,49(10):115-123. ( in Chinese)
4. Shape model of grain and straw using coupling elements and flight simulation of threshing unit of combine by discrete element method[J]. Engineering in Agriculture, Environment and Food, 2014, 7(1):34-39.
5. Simulation of grain–straw separation by Discrete Element Modeling with bendable straw particles[J]. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 2014, 101:24-33.
6. Li J,Webb C,Pandiella S S,et al. Discrete particle motion on sieves：a numerical study using the DEM simulation[J]. Powder Technology,2003,133(1):190-202.
7. Wu Y , An X , Yu A . DEM simulation of cubical particle packing under mechanical vibration[J]. Powder Technology, 2016.
8. Li Z ,Tong X . A study of particles penetration in sieving process on a linear vibration screen[J]. International Journal of Coal Science & Technology, 2015, 2(4):299-305.
9. Cleary P W,Sawley M L. DEM modeling of industrical granularflows:3D case studies and the effect of particle shape on hopper discharge.［J］. Applied Mathematical Modelling 2002,26(2):89-111．
10. Dong K J,Yu A B Numerical simulation of the particle flow and sieving behavior on sieve bend/low head screen combination［J］.Minerals Engineering,2012,31:2-9．
11. Jiao Hongguang, Zhao Yuemin. Screen simulation using a particle discrete element method[J]. Journal of China University of Mining & Technology, 2007(02):232-236.( in Chinese)
12. Li H , Li Y , Gao F , et al. CFD–DEM simulation of material motion in air-and-screen cleaning device[J]. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 2012, 88(none):111—119.
13. Jiang Haisheng, Zhao Yuemin, Zhang Bo, et al. Study on cooperative effects of screening surface and material characteristics during screening process based on DEM[J]. Mining & Processing Equipment, 2014,42(01):83-87. (in Chinese)
14. Li Hua. Research of modern design method for air-and-screen cleaning device[D].Nanjing Agricultural University,2012.
15. Wang Lijun, Zhang Chuangen, Ding Zhengdong, et al. Structure optimization of cleaning screen for maize harvester［J］ ．Transactions of the Chinese Society for Agricultural Machinery,2016,47(09):108-114. (in Chinese)
16. Chinese academy of agricultural mechanization sciences. Manual of Agricultural Machinery Design (Volume 1) [M]. Beijing: China Agricultural Science and Technology Publishing House, 2007. (in Chinese)
17. Wen Bangchun, Liu Shuying, He Bo. Theory and Dynamic Design Method of Vibration Machinery [M]. Beijing: Machinery Industry Press, 2001. (in Chinese)
18. Wu Shouyi. Agricultural Mechanics (Volume 2) [M]. Beijing: Machinery Industry Press, 1987 (in Chinese)
19. Li Hongchang, Li Yaoming, Tang Zhong, et al. Numerical simulation and analysis of vibration screening based on EDEM[J]. Transactions of the CSAE, 2011, 27(5): 117-121. (in Chinese)
20. Cundall P A , Strack O D L . Discussion: A discrete numerical model for granular assemblies[J]. Géotechnique, 1980, 30(3):331-336.
21. Thornton C , Yin K K . Impact of elastic spheres with and without adhesion[J]. Powder Technology, 1991, 65(1-3):153-166.
22. Tsuji Y , Tanaka T , Ishida T . Lagrangian Numerical Simulation of Plug Flow of Cohesionless Particles in a Horizonal Pipe[J]. Powder Technology, 1992, 71(3):239-250.
23. Liu Ji. The design and experiment of low damage threshing mechanism of soybean harvester[D]. Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences,2017.