Research Article of American Journal of Agricultural Research
Design of Twin Screw Feather Extruder and Study of Screw Parameters
Haoze Li1, Ping Jiang1, Keying Li1, Huawei Liu1, Ping Zhang1, Guohai Zhang1*
1School of Agricultural Engineering and Food Science, Shandong University of Technology, Zibo, 255000, China.
Poultry feathers are rich in amino acids and keratin resources, which is a kind of protein feed raw materials with high nutritional value. A twin-screw extruder was designed to deal with the environmental damage caused by the shortage of rapidly developing protein feed and the large amount of feather waste in China’s livestock breeding industry. The bulking machine can break the disulfide bond and hydrogen bond in feather keratin to form crude protein which can be absorbed by livestock. A kind of high-protein feed feather powder was developed while protecting the environment. The combination mode and rotation direction between two screws are discussed, the relationship between the key basic parameters of the twin screw is derived by combining the motion principle of the twin screw and the relative geometric position. It provides theoretical basis for determining screw parameters and working condition parameters in the following experimental research.
Keywords: Twin screw extruder; Puffed feather powder; Screw combination; Twin screw structure
How to cite this article:
Haoze Li, Ping Jiang, Keying Li, Huawei Liu, Ping Zhang, Guohai Zhang. Design of Twin Screw Feather Extruder and Study of Screw Parameters. American Journal of Agricultural Research, 2020; 5:103. DOI: 10.28933/ajar-2020-09-0605
1. Zhu Xuan, Jing zhengyu, Liu DangHui. Study on the mechanism of feather keratin extrusion. Journal of the Chinese Cereals and Oils Association,1998,(04):18-21.
2. Guo Qingbing, Mo Ruiyi, He Ming, et al. Research progress on extraction and application of feather keratin. Journal of Zhongkai University of Agriculture and Engineering, 2017,30(02):52-57.
3. Chen Yinglin, LI Jianing, Liu Yang, et al. Research progress on processing and application of feather powder. Heilongjiang Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, 2017,(19):78-82.
4. Wu Desheng, Sun Yuefei, Guo Xianfeng. The puffing process of feather powder. Modern animal husbandry, 2005,(07):4.-43.
5. Latshaw J D. Quality of feather meal as affected by feather processing conditions. Poult Sci, 1990, 69(6): 953-958.
6. Chen Zhimin, Chu Dianwen, Chang Wenhuan, et al. Nutritional value of expanded feather meal and its effect on growth performance of weaned piglets. Swine production, 2019,(03):17-18.
7. Chen Chen, He Xiongfei, Zeng Runying. Progress on feather keratin application and degradation technology. Journal of biology, 2015,32 (04):73-76+56.
8. Deng Xiangwen, Yin Guoqiang, Zhang Buning, et al. Preparation and property of compressing-molding feather keratin films. New chemical materials, 2015,43(08):60-62+68.
9. Jin Zhengyu. Extrusion puffing technology and its application in feed industry. Feed industry, 2000(06):1-5.
10. Li Jianing, Liu Yang, Cao Shuxin, et al. Effect of extrusion technology on feed properties and its application in animal husbandry production. Chinese Journal of Animal Husbandry, 2017,53 (12):5-8.
11. He WuShun, Chen Zhihua, Yu Ming, et al. Determination of digestion and metabolizable energy of amino acids in expanded feather meal for broilers. Grain and feed industry, 1999(03):45-46.
12. Zheng Yan. On the difference between non-meshing hetero-rotating twin screw extruder and traditional parallel twin screw extruder. Chemical Engineering & Equipment, 2018(01):180-182.
13. Wang Tianpeng. Design and performance research of Extrusion system for co-rotating twin-screw extruder. Qingdao University of Science and Technology,2018.
14. Ma Xiuqing, Geng Xiaozheng. Three-dimensional flow field analysis of axial circle region in intermeshing counter-rotating twin-screw extrusion. China plastic, 2002(03):73-80.
15. Zhang Yuxin, Lu Tao, Jiang Bo, et al. Numerical simulation of polymer melting during preheating in twin-screw extruder. Journal of mechanical engineering, 2009,45(04):46-49.
This work and its PDF file(s) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.